Engine info for Shawn and whoever else......

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My truck.....

Yep, still NO WHERE near running. Heres the current deal-

22RE in engine bay, waiting to be pulled. (I should start doing that.)

7MGE Supra engine, no cyl head, in Cali. I'm waiting on owner to ship it. The bastard has had my $$ for over 3 weeks now and still has not started building the Crate to ship it. He just promised to do it today..... we'll see.

7MGE Cyl Head, given to my by Rob aka SuperRunner. I need to take it to the Machine Shop for a Rebuild.

Once I have the Long Block, its time for assembly and a bit of welding. I need to move the motor mounts forward, 5 to 7". Not sure at the moment. In the meantime, I'm looking for a Bellhousing and Flywheel for a 7MGE.

Plus, half of my Tools are still at my Parents house. I need to get them into my garage!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by Greg
...The bastard has had my $$ for over 3 weeks now and still has not started building the Crate to ship it. He just promised to do it today..... we'll see....

3 weeks... you could have built a crate and walked there with it in that amount of time:mad: Is this the same kid that wouldn't pay to buy a compression tester?

Greg

Admin
Yep, same kid. I didn't want to deal with him, but the engine was cheap and low miles. It was too hard to pass up.

I gave him $20 for Crate materials and told him how to build a Crate using a Pallet. Not that tough, really. Well, I guess it was for him. He got a quote from a 'Custom Crate builder'....... $90!!!

I told him I wasn't going to pay $90 for a couple pieces of wood. Who can't build a crate???? :rolleyes: :( :mad:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
So did he refuse to compression test the motor? Did he fess up about it and tell you it needed a new head or are you just planning for the future?

And $90 for a crate... pleeease... What a punk... How did you find this seller? If he had id advertised anywhere, he should have been making plans on shipping it. What a PITA... hope all works out, let us know how it goes.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Boy,,, This Supra motor must be the sheet after all this,,

You should go out a buy an AMC Eagle just so you can play,,,

I would like to see a write up on the Supra motor install.

Greg

Admin
He did the Comp. Test and was planning on charging me the $40 for it. I didn't agree to it, then after he got his replacement motor, he learned that it had Head Issues, so he used his old Cyl Head on the new, Turbo motor. I'm not paying for the Comp. Test now, since the engine isn't complete.

After he told me that he wanted to sell it to me w/o a Head, I bailed on the deal to find another 7MGE that was complete. Long story short, I found none, so I told him I'd take his Short Block.

I found him on SupraForums.com. He is swapping in a Turbo engine, so he doesn't need his old Computer, Harness, etc.... It's a great deal for my application.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Shawn
Boy,,, This Supra motor must be the sheet after all this,,

You should go out a buy an AMC Eagle just so you can play,,,

I would like to see a write up on the Supra motor install.

It better be the Sheit! After all this time, I could have rebuilt 3, 22RE's!

AMC Eagle!! Bwahahaha!! But, that would be $100 out of my Motor Swap Fund!?!

And trust me, there will be a Write-up! :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Dude....I'll get back to you tomorrow...(will one out of a Cressida work? It's an inline 6--I'll verify that it's still available before getting you more information....)

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by mbryson
Dude....I'll get back to you tomorrow...(will one out of a Cressida work? It's an inline 6--I'll verify that it's still available before getting you more information....)

I believe the Cressida is a 5MGE, not 100% sure though. They also have a Front Sump oil pan, making them a difficult candidate for swapping, since the Oil Pickup sits on top of the Axle. Also, they are very weak compared to the 7MGE, to the point that they aren't worth swapping

Let me know, though! Especially if it's a 7MGE!! :D Thanks Marc!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Who are you shipping it with? When I worked for USF Reddaway, we had engines come across our dock all the time, most people just banded them to the pallet.

Greg

Admin
Really?

I plan on using Forward Air. They are hella cheap! I shipped a complete TBI 350 to Texas for around $60-70. But they require anything to be in a fully enclosed Crate.....

I'll have to look into USF Reddaway.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Packaging sshoould be same, banded to a pallet, make sure everything loose is put in a box or shrink wrapped to the block. Pick-up and delivery, well, if it's light enough for two pople to lift, they could come gwet it, but you would probably have to have him take it to the terminal there, and you "will call" it here.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by Greg

I believe the Cressida is a 5MGE, not 100% sure though. They also have a Front Sump oil pan, making them a difficult candidate for swapping, since the Oil Pickup sits on top of the Axle. Also, they are very weak compared to the 7MGE, to the point that they aren't worth swapping

Let me know, though! Especially if it's a 7MGE!! :D Thanks Marc!

My in-laws neighbor had a wrecked Supra (oldest style--I don't even know the years well enough to guess, but like early-mid '80s) and a Cressida last time I was up there. Both were gone on Sunday..

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Jeremy
Packaging sshoould be same, banded to a pallet, make sure everything loose is put in a box or shrink wrapped to the block. Pick-up and delivery, well, if it's light enough for two pople to lift, they could come gwet it, but you would probably have to have him take it to the terminal there, and you "will call" it here.

Hummmmm..... I'll look into it. Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by mbryson
My in-laws neighbor had a wrecked Supra (oldest style--I don't even know the years well enough to guess, but like early-mid '80s) and a Cressida last time I was up there. Both were gone on Sunday..

Thats cool, thanks for trying!

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
i know someone that has a running 5mge with harness and computer....it would be cheap...
he did a 7mgte swap in his 85 supra...

DWAYNE

jeremy won't that motor fit in the sleeper?????. greg if you are interested i could see what my cost would be to ship that , i unlike jeremy am still working for usf, it would probebly be cheaper if you came down to the terminal to pick it up,that is of course unless jeremy can't wedge it into the sleeper.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by cruiser
i know someone that has a running 5mge with harness and computer....it would be cheap...
he did a 7mgte swap in his 85 supra...

I think I'll pass on a 5MGE, it's not enough Motor to justify the swap. Thanks though!!

Originally posted by DWAYNE
jeremy won't that motor fit in the sleeper?????. greg if you are interested i could see what my cost would be to ship that , i unlike jeremy am still working for usf, it would probebly be cheaper if you came down to the terminal to pick it up,that is of course unless jeremy can't wedge it into the sleeper.

The kid with the 7MGE has the Crate Materials and I've told him to ship it with Forward Air. I think I'll stick with that, since it's been the plan form the beginning.

The Sleeper...... :D :D