Engine Rebuild Shops

ALF

SURE!?
Looking for some recommendations on shops to rebuild or replace the engine in a 96 Chevy K1500, its a 350. I bought the truck used and got a warranty with it but the warranty has a max of $3k. Could probably get away with just a oil pump but might as well get the whole thing rebuilt if I can. Would prefer a shop in SL County.

rondo

rondo
I can't recommend you a builder but I can warn you away from one. Stay away from JR machine. The guy came "highly recommended". He also took 3 months longer than he said, doubled the estimate, and wouldn't give me a receipt or warranty until I asked for it. then to top it all off the engine was assembled wrong.
FU#&$$ IDIOT! STAY AWAY

rollover

Pro Machine in Murray. Talk to Dave he's a great guy with an abundance of knowledge to build a race engine or your daily driver. He's rebuilt 1000's over the years. He's also the factory rebuild man for Toyota factory problems and rebuilds locally.
He's done truck and boats for me with no problems at all.

Last edited:

mombobuggy

In my opinion. Which as always is worth what you pay for it . Some shops try harder to protect there Reputation. Than others . I had a bad experience once with a mass production type reman shop. they ground the valve seats so deep on my 22 r that the valve fit to deep in the heads and made it a nightmare to get the Valves adjusted right. It was not a fun situation to be in. In the end I got it running but it was no fun. I wish I had used a more Reputable shop.

ALF

SURE!?
This truck is for my daughter, so no need to go high performance, a factory reman 255HP vortec is plenty of power for a first time driver. I'm not liking the quotes for labor I'm getting so far which sucks because time is limited for me right now, but I may have to just do this job myself when football is over.

Toad

GM has a great NEW not reman engine that you can buy from the dealer for that truck. Last one I got was a four bolt main 3year 50k warranty for 2100 ish bucks. Two bolt main was a little cheaper. Call ken garff or LHM and see what they can do for you. If you need a little help I can see what my shop discount might be.