engine tech

P

pokeyYJ

All I can say is "Wow".

I am really interested in how they get the incoming fuel mixture distributed

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
bobdog said:
The false statements in the first two paragraphs make you question the rest.

What the 12 to 1? yeah thats a definite false statement, however thats the only one I see.

This technology is legit though. We have had discussion on it in my automotive BS classes...

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
BBowski82 said:
What the 12 to 1? yeah thats a definite false statement, however thats the only one I see.

This technology is legit though. We have had discussion on it in my automotive BS classes...

The 55% efficiency stat for 60s engines is way off (and even modern gasoline engines are not that efficient) and so is their claim of a 50% drop in eficiency due to a drop in CR from 12 - 1 to 10 - 1

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
hmm... So what's different? Just the head? missing the tappets and have a spherical valve that replaces it?

Biggest thing I noticed was the "ceramic carbon bearing" doesn't exactly sound cheap... ;)

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
Spork said:
hmm... So what's different? Just the head? missing the tappets and have a spherical valve that replaces it?

Biggest thing I noticed was the "ceramic carbon bearing" doesn't exactly sound cheap... ;)

Look close at the pictures in their photo gallery that stuff is cool. And as for not being exactly cheep, It looks exactly very very expensive.

Not only missing tappets but the cam lobes are replaced by valves themseves. The intake ports are above the head in the valve covers.

I wonder about the valves being mechanically timed to the engine though. A lot of people beleive valve timing will eventually be controlled independent of the mechanics of the engine by solenoids or other means.

wort

frenchie
bobdog said:
A lot of people beleive valve timing will eventually be controlled independent of the mechanics of the engine by solenoids or other means.
i think is trying this, with a 5-10% increase in fuel efficency :cool: , but i dont think that they are very reliable.