enigine swap???

Caleb

alright I finally got all my brackets cut/ground off my frame (let me tell you that is a PITA:D) and I am now ready to weld in the new engine mounts...my question is, how much room should I leave between the front grill and the fan to allow for the radiator (which I dont have yet, but plan on running a Griffin if it matters)...I dont want to get it too close so when I get some frame flex I take out my radiator (I'm sure you all have seen this done atleast once) but I want to get the motor as far foward as possible to allow for a longer rear drive line...thanks

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Can you run a Electric as a Pusher, in front of the Rad? I did that on my CJ and had to trim the Grill, where the Motor for the Fan sat. It cooled great, and I never had any problems.

I bet if you got 2, 12" slimline fans, you could fit them w/o cutting the grill.

Caleb

I actually was planning on running elec fans as pushers to free up a little more HP but decided to run the stock on for now just so I can get this damn thing going...I will be doing that though...BTW what a good fan to run...what brand did you run???

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Good question.... I bought it about, oh... 7 yrs ago? I can't remember the Brand, but it was a 16" single fan. It cooled my built SBC just fine. The Mepco HD 4 Core Radiator also helped with that.

I'm going to have to do Elec. Fans on my Toyota and I'm thinking about 2, 12"s.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
go to NPS, I got a frickin mad deal on a ford OEM pusher fan with built in shroud. They always have radiators and electric fans for way cheapo!!

Caleb

yep I know about NPS's fans...I was out there on Thursday I believe and they had a decent fan but I dont know if it was a pusher or puller...and it was only about 10" big...perfect for a little zuk motor though...I am going to have to start researching the elec fans a little more cause if I went that route I could get more room...