Enter key not working w/IE 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAA

Got a new computer, Win 8 w/IE 10. Ever since, my "enter" key doesn't work when posting here on RME? It has worked everywhere else I've tried it (not that many places...), but not here. Posting this using Chrome and - let's see if this works:

Yup, enter key works w/Chrome.

I'm going to make a reply using IE 10 just to verify.

- DAA

DAA

Maybe I should have went with Pro or Enterprise, I could have installed any version I wanted (MSDN), just went with the lowest to the ground 64 bit for home use on this small SSD boot drive. Later when I get a chance I'll dig into it, it's probably something I can fix on my end. Maybe... Win 8 is a pretty steep learning curve for an old dog like me! - DAA

DAA

Did a quick look around - seems this is a known issue with IE 10 and a handful of editor controls - including the one vBulletin uses. Easy fix here though, all you need to do is switch from WYSIWYG to Source mode using the a/A button at top left of the control.

See - enter key is working now w/IE 10 using Source mode :).

- DAA

Caleb

Did a quick look around - seems this is a known issue with IE 10 and a handful of editor controls - including the one vBulletin uses. Easy fix here though, all you need to do is switch from WYSIWYG to Source mode using the a/A button at top left of the control.

- DAA

What??? A compatibility issue with IE...never!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

- DAA

That mode does weird things in Firefox too, I sometimes have to switch out to get my posts to format right.

Status
Not open for further replies.