Epoxy garage floor????

alwaysxj

one hot moma!!!!
I just bought a year old house a couple months a go and where I park my truck the top coat of the concrete is chipping from salt off my truck. I want to put down an epoxy floor this summer so this wont happen and I think it will be nice to have when I am working on things in the garage. I have never done this and no nothing about them. I've looked and some different brands and types. is the two part expoxy better then the one parts? what brands are better then others? is it hard to do? what is the maintence per year IE sealing or what do you do to them? Thanks for the help also I would really like to see some pictures of your floors if you have them so I can get an idea.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
so I used quickcrete on part and rustoleum on part. I was told that homedepot sells the contractor grade but you have to ask for it. I would only use a two part epoxy. the
rustoleum will eventually be covered by the qukcrete because I looked it better since it is thicker more durable and easier to clean. I also put the clear epoxy on top of the quickcrete which I would recommend since it makes it easier to clean. these two brands are fairly cheap and do ok but are nothing near as nice as the stuff you can get at the concrete supply stores but they are lots of.$$$$.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
so I used quickcrete on part and rustoleum on part. I was told that homedepot sells the contractor grade but you have to ask for it. I would only use a two part epoxy. the
rustoleum will eventually be covered by the qukcrete because I looked it better since it is thicker more durable and easier to clean. I also put the clear epoxy on top of the quickcrete which I would recommend since it makes it easier to clean. these two brands are fairly cheap and do ok but are nothing near as nice as the stuff you can get at the concrete supply stores but they are lots of.$$$$.

Did you put sand in the clearcoat?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I hired mine out, and I'm glad I did. My floor was in horrible shape after 30 years of welding and wrenching, and was busted in several places. I hired a company called Quality Pro, but I doubt they'll travel to your neck of the woods. They ground the entire floor, then filled all the cracks. One more grind, then a two part epoxy base coat was applied. While the paint is wet, they go back over it and sprinkle paint chips. The following day, a coat of two part clear is applied. All products were PPG brand, I wouldn't waste my time with anything the box stores offer. The paint flakes are the real secret to a nice looking floor, they help hide the flaws in the concrete and make the floor slip resistant. Don't add sand, unless you don't mind not being able to clean it.

Sorry, this is the only pic I have on this machine. I can e mail you a PDF of their brochure if you want to see what's available.

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 28

Rogerwh0

I have done it several times in my shop. I have always used the 2 part epoxy from a paint supply company like AIS in Ogden. It has held very well in a high production body shop. I would use commercial grade to avoid having to redo it later. I have applied the sand before also in my wash bay. It was awesome at first in the wet areas, no more slip hazard. HOWEVER, you can't slide on it (without tearing off your clothes) if you need to get under a car. It also did not last as long, the sand helped break it up from the concrete.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I put some of there stuff art the bottom of my stairs. the rest of the for no. it will get as little slick when wet but not bad

If I use Google Translate to put this into Spanish, then to Czech, then back to English, this is what I get. It makes a bit more sense than what you originally wrote. :rofl:

"I put some stuff there words bottom of my stairs. the remaining Sun that a bit slippery when wet, but not bad"