EST location to set timing

00Buck

89 suburban. Can't find the EST (Electronic Spark Timing)wire (tan w.black strip) to unplug to set the timing. This has to be unplugged before i can set the timing. The Shilt'on book says that it on the passenger side firewall but it's not.:mad2:

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
Look right under the brake booster (from memory;) ). It is on the outside of a 1/2" harness and is usually taped to it. The connector is round.

00Buck

It wasn't there either. I have looked by the heater hoses and under the carpet on the psgr side. Any more suggestions.

Thanks

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
I just walked out and looked at my '88 GMC Jimmy (FS). Go look under your hood at the driver side of the firewall. To the right (as you are looking at the firewall) of the power brake booster (and slightly below) is a main bulkhead connection for all the wiring that comes through the firewall. The wiring is in 2 looms. The wiring loom on the left has the connector you are looking for taped to it.
This should be identical to yours.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

00Buck

I just walked out and looked at my '88 GMC Jimmy (FS). Go look under your hood at the driver side of the firewall. To the right (as you are looking at the firewall) of the power brake booster (and slightly below) is a main bulkhead connection for all the wiring that comes through the firewall. The wiring is in 2 looms. The wiring loom on the left has the connector you are looking for taped to it.
This should be identical to yours.

Found it, EST was there by the booster and taped to the bundle.

Thanks so much