Evan Tanner: Dead at 37.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
So as I was in amazement for the fact Wanderlei Silva, Randy Coutour, Mike Whitehead, Tyson Griffon, and many other big names were all at our practice. Randy himself brought us the bad news and the entire gym had a moment of silence for Even.

RIP.

He was an excellent fighter

Utahcryogenics

Formerly "Beerman"
Yeah it was a blow. There is a lot of speculation right now as to what caused his death, but I am just hoping that he was at peace with himself when he went.

Cruiser, I tried looking up your info, but tis blank? Who are you and what gym do you train at?

If I had to guess (and this is totally from the waist side) but are you Ollie Bradstreet?

The only reason I say this is because I watch his fights and he thanks Tuff Country quite often, so with that said, I am ASSuming he has a rock crawler of some sort, and thus brings him to RME.

(Sorry if I am totally off but my elementary level skills of assumption are at work here.)

The Stranger

Stranger Danger
I met Evan a few times and honestly he was one of the best people in MMA. My coach and he were going to fight at a UFC event last year, lucky for me it did not go through because it would have been hard to root for either as they are both great people.

Evan had some big personal issues that I always thought would have been the end of him, although this is terrible, I'm glad that his death was not related to those issues.

RIP
one of the all time best people in mma history.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
ya, thats our little smalliver. Right now he's training with Couture in Vegas, but he has to move up to the North Pole next month to help Santa build toys for christmas.

Caleb

apparently he had sent text messages saying he had run out of water and fuel.
Speculations right now is after running out of fuel and water he tried to hike out and succumbed to the 118* heat. It's sad indeed, very few deserve to die at age 37. :(

Caleb

Thats crazy. It's not like the guy was in terrible shape either. Deffinately tragic.
Yep, I don't care who you are, getting caught in 118* heat even slightly unprepared can only have one certain result. Well, unless you're Chuck Norris, Bear Grylls, or Les Stroud :p

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I had to walk a couple miles in 120* heat in Vegas once, after nearly passing out in the rafters of a house we were building... I can tell you that I wouldn't have made it much further. Heat can and does kill. :(

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
UFC from what i have been told will be bringing him to vegas and having a nice funeral service for him here!

NICE OF THEM! :)

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yep, I don't care who you are, getting caught in 118* heat even slightly unprepared can only have one certain result. Well, unless you're Chuck Norris, Bear Grylls, or Les Stroud :p

I had to walk a couple miles in 120* heat in Vegas once, after nearly passing out in the rafters of a house we were building... I can tell you that I wouldn't have made it much further. Heat can and does kill. :(

I've labored in 120* heat (up to 140* when on the RR track) and if you don't have constant water and a source for shade, you're F'd. Even with water and a bit of shade that we had, you'd have guys that were used to working in the heat nearly passing out. It was strange, my heart was beating like I had ran a marathon, when I was just causally walking around. Your body is struggling so hard to keep you cool in that kind of heat, if you do to much activity you overheat very quickly.

That's too bad about Evan, way to early for anyone to die. It probably wasn't an easy death, poor guy.