Ever heard of Moab 4x4 outpost? Rock Tools suspension?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
...which would make a business down there aware of this and they could have the parts and charge a premium for them and make a ton of money because we would having been willing to pay way more then they were worth just so we could get off the trail even though we don't have a lot of money we would have found a way.

i'm glad you don't own a shop down there... we'd be listening to you complain about why nobody's buying your over-priced parts...

it's not cool to take advantage of someone when they need help... not good karma..:greg:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
so he can sweat me but I can't give it back? I am confused. And not just cause I have a dana 44.

please give it back. I'm just giving you a hard time.

I'm actually one of the few people that is the same way in person as I am in the internet. If you can't handle a little kidding around, then you probably won't like to spend a day on the trail with me. Just cause I've never met you doesn't make you exempt ;)

As far as people thinking there is a 60's or bust attitude, I think it just comes from the fact that the majority of the more knowledgable and experienced people on here----the ones that usually pipe up when tech questions are asked----have gone through the 44 thing and urge people to do something different. Because they don't give the answer that they are looking for (i.e. 30/44/35/10 bolt etc are great!) they feel like they are being singled out and aren't welcomed. I've never in my life said anyone that ran something different from me or my oppinion of what was good was wrong nor would I not go wheelin with them (except samurai guys but, I mean really, does they count ;) ) because of that. The best thing about wheelin is the amount of cool people from different walks of life you meet while out and about.

I may give my oppinion, just as you did, and I may do it more than most, but I do a lot of kidding and I enjoy stirring the pot because I'm an a$$hole. Don't take my kidding too personally and don't take people's contrary oppinions about the Outpost personally either. They are just oppinions and I'm just an arrogant punk. Thats why I have a disclaimer. Greg made me do it :D

Cody

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
please give it back. I'm just giving you a hard time.

I'm actually one of the few people that is the same way in person as I am in the internet. If you can't handle a little kidding around, then you probably won't like to spend a day on the trail with me. Just cause I've never met you doesn't make you exempt ;)

As far as people thinking there is a 60's or bust attitude, I think it just comes from the fact that the majority of the more knowledgable and experienced people on here----the ones that usually pipe up when tech questions are asked----have gone through the 44 thing and urge people to do something different. Because they don't give the answer that they are looking for (i.e. 30/44/35/10 bolt etc are great!) they feel like they are being singled out and aren't welcomed. I've never in my life said anyone that ran something different from me or my oppinion of what was good was wrong nor would I not go wheelin with them (except samurai guys but, I mean really, does they count ;) ) because of that. The best thing about wheelin is the amount of cool people from different walks of life you meet while out and about.

I may give my oppinion, just as you did, and I may do it more than most, but I do a lot of kidding and I enjoy stirring the pot because I'm an a$$hole. Don't take my kidding too personally and don't take people's contrary oppinions about the Outpost personally either. They are just oppinions and I'm just an arrogant punk. Thats why I have a disclaimer. Greg made me do it :D

Cody

And his rig has a dana 30....and a 35:eek:

And trust me, new or old....no one is exempt from Cody's keyboard lashings....Just be glad we don't set James K loose:eek:

78mitsu

to contribute to the 60 vs 44 argument, I've had a 44 in my rig for 6 months now. 3800 lbs loaded sbc @~325hp 40"TSL's I've been through 4 stub shafts, 2 upper ball joints and about 6 u-joints (Amazingly I haven't broken a GM Factory hub - tho I carry a spare), and I'm not heavy on the skinny petal. It's consistent when I am down hill and I bind a tire, have to turn out of it under power and snap- something brakes. I'm going to try some alloy shafts and high end joints, but a 60 (or 9"/44 with 60 outers and shafts) is in my future.

RedBull_RockIt

the reason I said that was because I was needing dana44 parts and the guy asked me if it was on a rubicon and I said no and he said,Well I don't have anything for ya then.

So here's what it sounds like to me. You walked in needing parts for a non rubicon 44. You asked for 44 parts in general. He asked if it was for a Rubicon. You said no. He said I only have rubicon 44 parts at this time. You left, you came on here and bashed him.

YOU are the one with the people skills problem, not him. He had only certain parts, not yours, too bad for you, maybe next time. Yet, you blame him when instead you should be blaming yourself for not carrying spares or owning your own shop down there that has every part possible for every vehicle possible at every moment of the year in a town that has serious ebbs and tides of business.

Lewis, the Outpost is a SAVIOR to so many wheelers and even knowing exactly who you are the next time you walked in there needing something, would help you out in any way they could. That's the kind of people they are. You, on the other hand, are a whiner. Build it right, carry spares, and have the attitude that when you break and can't get it fixed, it's just part of wheeling. Otherwise, stay at the mall, you're not wanted on the trails.

And regarding the D60 vs D 44 argument...the real candy is a Diamond Axle 9" housing, True Hi 9 center section, Dedenbear Knuckles, CTM shafts and Joints, and Wilwood Calipers :D And guess what, I STILL carry spares [knocks on wood]cause ya never know[/knocks on wood]

Last edited:

lewis

Fight Till You Die
So here's what it sounds like to me. You walked in needing parts for a non rubicon 44. You asked for 44 parts in general. He asked if it was for a Rubicon. You said no. He said I only have rubicon 44 parts at this time. You left, you came on here and bashed him.

YOU are the one with the people skills problem, not him. He had only certain parts, not yours, too bad for you, maybe next time. Yet, you blame him when instead you should be blaming yourself for not carrying spares or owning your own shop down there that has every part possible for every vehicle possible at every moment of the year in a town that has serious ebbs and tides of business.

Lewis, the Outpost is a SAVIOR to so many wheelers and even knowing exactly who you are the next time you walked in there needing something, would help you out in any way they could. That's the kind of people they are. You, on the other hand, are a whiner. Build it right, carry spares, and have the attitude that when you break and can't get it fixed, it's just part of wheeling. Otherwise, stay at the mall, you're not wanted on the trails.

wow that was a little harsh! If you would have read carefully you would have read that I carry a ton of spares and this wasn't even my rig we were working on. And I guess I will tell the whole entire story so I hope you are ready to read.And I don't see how being treated badly by somebody makes me a whiner and I won't stay at the mall cause the cops would haul my rig away cause it only belongs on the trails.
We were at bfe when I rolled my rig. My brother was hauling ass to turn around to pull me over so I wouldn't leak all over the trail when he broke a front balljoint which also broke an axle shaft. So I winched my rig back on all fours and we hiked back to the truck and headed to town. Our first stop was to the outpost. I ran in to ask if they had the parts we needed or to point us in a direction where we might find what we needed. I didn't expect them to have these parts used or new but hoped they might and if not provide suggestions like we could order them in or call colorado junk yards, anything. So I went in and told the guy my troubles he said hang on for a second. No one else was in there, the place was dead. He left and some other guy came in and I told him and he said ,ya we got some of those parts lying around. I will look in a minute and then he went into a little room and sat there for about 30 minutes and came back in and said oh you will have to wait until so and so (I forget his name he is the older guy there)gets back for lunch in a half hour. We said ok we will wait another half hour. We waited looking at all there stuff and the guy shows up. We told him what we needed and he said is it out of a rubicon? We said no, ford.He said we don't have any parts for you then. I said well what about used parts he said no, nothing. I said ok do you know where we might look next and he said, I can't think of anywhere at the moment. I don't see where my people skill went lacking. So we left and went to other places around that we didn't have high expectations for and they didn't have anything but gave us suggestions and we finally rounded up the parts in salt lake and in colorado. I know we were really frustrated cause we were hot and stranded and couldn't go home so our wives wouldn't kill us for missing mothers day but we had high expectations for a place that we had heard so many good things about and they weren't met. So ya maybe it was just us that our expectations were to high and it wasn't really a big deal but at the time it felt a good friend giving us the finger.
I can't control what spares others carry with them just what I have for my own rig.
I haven't gone here and bashed him. I said I had a bad experience there. I know that it is impossible to please everyone(although it seems like everyone is but me) so how is that bashing him? Bashing him would be calling him a whiner and telling him where he can and can't take his rig.
And lastly I don't really care what you do cause it fine with me if you go to the mall or to the trails. Hope to see ya on the trail.
P.S.- I am sure that my bad experience hasn't hurt his business and this was not my intention ,nor was it to offend anyone ,it was mearly to share my bad experience with them. I said I wouldn't go back but probably will come crawling with tears in my eyes some day when I am stranded again.
.....I am so done with this thread I will not come back.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
lol, I'm drunk.

I won't post what I wrote.

Thats too bad you had a poor experience. We've all had them at some point.

Cody

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
..... when he broke a front balljoint which also broke an axle shaft. {snip}

Not to get into this thread, but I'd guess the chicken came before the egg...the axleshaft broke (or U-joint), the chunks rotating around broke the balljoint. I'm sure either order is a possibility, I've just seen one more than the other.

RedBull_RockIt

Lewis, now I know you were whining. He didn't have the parts...that is it. Yet you say it was a bad experience and you would never shop there again??? Fine, don't, it's your loss, but don't push that on others.

You're the worst kind of wheeler out there for these businesses...ANY business...as when you didn't get what you want, when you wanted, you blame them. You are an ass for coming on a thread and bitching to try to take other customers away from them. They didn't have the parts you needed...that doesn't make them a bad store...it just means THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE PARTS YOU NEEDED...deal with it!

And yes, I did read carefully...my message applies to your brother too. Carry spares...if you don't have what you need when you break, be thankful when someone else does...if they don't have what you need, chalk it up to YOUR bad luck, not theirs.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
They even tried to save you some time and hassle by telling you that you probably weren't going to find the parts locally. Seems like pretty good service to me.

milner, I did save the post in word format ;)

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I read that the stock was going up in dana 44's so I went and bought some some for my rig. I run them front and rear:eek:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I read that the stock was going up in dana 44's so I went and bought some some for my rig. I run them front and rear:eek:

The investment firm of Lewis and Associates just upraded their 44 position to strong buy. Get in while it's hot.

:greg: