Ever regret the sale of a vehicle?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I do. I've owned probably 10 Jeeps in the last decade, but I always find myself telling people about "My old Jeep". I've wanted it back for about 5 years now, but not in the condition I sold it in. I want it street legal on 35" tires again.

I miss my old 1983 CJ5. :(
I'm saving my lunch money for another one.

picture.php

EROK81?

Sell out
I've sold a jeep, a talon, and an r6. Everyone one of them I wish I wouldn't have sold and think about it often. :(

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My '83 VW GTI. :(
It needed some serious TLC and at the time, I didn't have the funds so I sold it. I wish I had kept it because now I would have been able to get it back into tip top shape.

RuggedH2

Just doing my thing.
My '83 VW GTI. :(
It needed some serious TLC and at the time, I didn't have the funds so I sold it. I wish I had kept it because now I would have been able to get it back into tip top shape.

Seriously?

You could probably locate another one for the price a new Hi-lift jack.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
My 76 Grenada. My parents had it towed away while I was at the police academy because they were embarrassed to have it in the driveway. It was gold with a white vinyl top... it was strate.

rholbrook

72 Chev Cheyenne Super Short Bed

Heres my regret. It had every option including factory tach, AC and tilt column. This was my first ground up build and I didn't scrimp on anything. I put a Blazer tank and a saddle tank in it with fuel doors out of an Audi which I put in the drivers-side bed like the old Ford trucks. Every piece of molding was new. The Chev dealer couldn't get me one of them for the shortbed so I had to buy one for the long bed and make it fit. Now you just call LMC Trucks to get all the molding.

I put a Hickey Sidewinder winch on it. You can see the hook coming out of the front bumper. What ever happened to they Sidewinder winches?

I would get people pulling me over trying to buy it on a daily basis and one guy came over with $13K cash (20 years ago). I have since done a second one which I sold for $10K but it just never turned out like this one.

I convinced myself that it didn't matter how much money you put into an old truck because when you were done, you still had an old truck. Damn I miss that old truck.

The sad thing was the guy that bought it totalled it 9 months later sliding off the road deer hunting near Price.

I have been keeping my eye out for a 2wd Cheyenne Super to redo.

Attachments

• 72 Chev.JPG
    72 Chev.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 12