Ever see a Utah bear or mountain lion?

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
here is a pic of a little pest they moved out of argyle canyon. i asume they moved, these are not my pics. i know they had to destroy some that wouldnt leave the other residents alone.

Attachments

• bear4.jpg
    bear4.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 17

Bone Down

mountain lion - yes - butterfield canyon
bobcat - yes - middle provo canyon area

Mt Biking both times.
Was racing down a trail and damn near kit the bobcat crossing the trail, I came barreling around the bend in the trail probably 25+ mph the big kitty nearly made me crash as it sprang straight up in the air landing just to the right of my front wheel then high tailing it into the bushes.

Good times...

NE_Utah

We get alot of both up in Hanna and Tabiona. I use to see a few bears in Nine mile canyon. Not much now that we are drilling alot of oil wells down there.

After the Neola Fire we had a bear on my property.

Bone Down

the last time I seen a bear in the wild was when I was 12 and that was in WA State. I have never seen one in Utah or had the luck of seeing one in Yellowstone yet either. :(

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Not sure what it was, but something big with a long tail ran across the road in front of me near Cascade Falls almost 10 years ago.

X

XT Utah

Not sure what it was, but something big with a long tail ran across the road in front of me near Cascade Falls almost 10 years ago.

Probably the Chupacabra. Sorry, I couln't get a picture of his tail since he was trying to kill me.

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
Mountain Lion, 1, Squaw Peak Rd - posted a photo of it here once before.
Bobcat, 1, near Dead Horse Point - briefest glimpse before it disappeared, attempted to track it but found nothing but plenty of old scat lying around.

That's about it, only 2 bear I've seen, on seperate occasions darted across the highway while driving in BC Canada.

Dixon

I was hunting elk a few years ago above Scofield and was just sitting under a tree cow calling trying to get the elk to talk back and I see this mountain lion coming towards me. He could hear my call and he's looking for the elk, when he got 20ft away I stood up and let him know I wasn't an elk and was ready to shoot him if he didn't wise up.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
from age 8 to 18 I l grew up in wispering pines East of Mt Pleasant, Ut up in the pines and had never seen a Bear or Mtn lion, although now and agian we would see tracks or tree scrapings.

A few years after I moved out probably around 1993 my Dad heard some rustling around on the porch went to the front door and there was a bear looking in the window at him. standing on his hind legs. My dad told me that there have been alot of bear reports from cabin owners lately.

I seen a bear in utah for the first and only time last summer while riding up Ephraim Canyon with my wife and kid and it ran out in front of my Jeep I actually had to hit the brakes not to hit it, It was running a lot faster than I event thought they could run. We were dumb founded. that was probably a week after the AF incident. still never seen a mtn lion in utah.

Meat_

Banned
Did I mention that the bear I saw was in the first campground after you turn from SR92 onto SR144 (the oil road to Tibble Fork)

StrobeNGH

no user title
Black Bear: yes
Mountain Lion: yes
Bobcat: yes
Badger: yes

All up by Park City

I've also seen wolves in Yellowstone and Alaska, Grizzly bears in Alaska and yellowstone, Brown bears in Alaska, Lynx in Alaska, and a Wolverine in Alaska.

shotgunred

TEAM LOGAN
ever seen a bear

I lived in central Montana for a few years and have seen a couple black bears up in the Crystal lake area. In Utah I have seen 2 black bears, 1 in dutch john (little hole) and 1 below tower mountain south of lake creek summit. As for cats, I am an avid bow hunter and have spent hours and hours in a quit peacefull tree stand and have seen lots a wildcats and dogs. The strangest thing I saw was a mule doe and a coyote frallaping and playing around like best friends I was waiting for thumper to jump out of the trees and join them. :confused:

Last edited: