Exercise

MattL

What do you do to stay in shape, or try to.

I use to ride mtn bike and road bike alot but have been out of it for about 8 years. Man is it hard to pick it back up.

Any one else ride..?

I also have a membership to lifestyles.. err golds but now that they are sooo far away (i live in magna) it is not feesable. I used to go to the gym all winter long.

notajeep

Just me
I lost 40 plus lbs last summer just riding my mtn bike in the morning...and cutting out soda.... About time to start again. :sick:

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
miatre said:
What do you do to stay in shape, or try to.

I use to ride mtn bike and road bike alot but have been out of it for about 8 years. Man is it hard to pick it back up.

Any one else ride..?

I also have a membership to lifestyles.. err golds but now that they are sooo far away (i live in magna) it is not feesable. I used to go to the gym all winter long.

I ride, but I haven't for about a year or so. Gotta get the bike ready for this year. I know what you mean about it being hard to get back into. I went for a ride a while ago, and man did my legs burn. My ankles hurt too. It sucks getting old.

Johnny4X4

i ride some-- alot less than i used to, mostly just with the wife and kids now,, but once and awhile i get out and put on some good mileage.

we are learning to rollerblade this summer-- geez i really have no balance for that. :sick:

Caleb

I used to mtn. bike but its been about 6 years since I have done that. Last year my wife and I had a great idea, we were going to get a membership to the gym but rather than spend $800 on a gym membership we bought a ncie treadmill and weight center. The weight center has been used twice, and the treadmil a few more times than that but not much :rofl: what a waste of a nice chunk of change :eek:

devilbikerdude

i love mt biking used to be my fav till i was old enough to drive :p now im trying to sell my kona and get a lighter bike to do some cross country riding, but i sure do love riding down hill and hucking it off some sweet drops :D
i rolled my left ankle on this drop but it was still kick a$$, i was going to fast and ended up landing about 6 or 7 feet in front of where i thought id land but i didnt crash, just hurt my ankle, as you can see i also jumped over the wasatch in this spectacular jump ;) :D :D :D :rofl:

Attachments

• Resize of evan dugout.jpg
    Resize of evan dugout.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
devilbikerdude said:
i love mt biking used to be my fav till i was old enough to drive :p now im trying to sell my kona and get a lighter bike to do some cross country riding, but i sure do love riding down hill and hucking it off some sweet drops :D
i rolled my left ankle on this drop but it was still kick a$$, i was going to fast and ended up landing about 6 or 7 feet in front of where i thought id land but i didnt crash, just hurt my ankle, as you can see i also jumped over the wasatch in this spectacular jump ;) :D :D :D :rofl:

Ah man, I was feeling cool cause I went off like a 5 foot drop last week. That just scares me. :ugh:

MattL

Yes round is a shape, although I dont want to obtain that shape, no offense intended. the only round i am getting is in my belly. If it was more all over then I might accept this fate.

So no body does any serious distance riding or off road?

I need some one to ride with, certainly makes a difference when some one else is going to be there.

Joe

hmm
Join one of the local bike clubs. I put about 150 miles a week on my fixed gear road bike, keeps me in shape.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I just do the old fashion exercise.... I run two miles a day! doesn't cost me anything and helps my two bad knees after I had surgery on them...

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
I go to the campus (Weber State) gym at least five days a week. It's free if you have a WSU ID, which I think anyone can get for $5.

It's a pretty nice gym. All the freeweights and machines you could ask for, plus basketball courts, racquetball, and so on.

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
I walk/run the river parkway and use free weights and tone bands.

When it come right down to it ... just do something.

jeepgirl

I mountain bike. Besides my jeep we probobly have more money into bikes than anything else we own :) Maybe someday well become adults and spend our money right :D Ha probobly not :D
I also go to the little rinky dink gym here in Vernal. If your ever this way we got some pretty sweet mtn. bike trails.