Experience with rebuilds

slamurai

MY PRECIOUS
So, my rebuilt 3.0 motor from japanese motor exchange just blew up after 20k. Just wondering what experience anyone else has had with rebuilt toy motors.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
slamurai said:
So, my rebuilt 3.0 motor from japanese motor exchange just blew up after 20k. Just wondering what experience anyone else has had with rebuilt toy motors.

None myself, but a friend replaced the one in his Tercel several times. They always had issues, or just flat out didn't last. (Original motor lasted ~200K, each replacement was about ~10K)

slamurai

MY PRECIOUS
yeah, this one ran like a champ with the downey headers, but all of the sudden the crank siezed. I have four holes in the sides of the block.

I'm toying with the idea of the 3.4 swap just because it's still the toy and will be less conversion

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
slamurai said:
yeah, this one ran like a champ with the downey headers, but all of the sudden the crank siezed. I have four holes in the sides of the block.

I'm toying with the idea of the 3.4 swap just because it's still the toy and will be less conversion

If you do put in a different motor, want to get rid of those Downey headers? My 3.0 could use some help, but I'm not willing to spend the money on new headers....

RockCrushinToy

do the 3.4 swap that is a bad ass motor, but if you want to do something really cheap and easy get your self a little 22re

anything is better than a 3.0 its the worst thing toyota ever made!