Exploring South-Eastern UT's backroads by motorcycle

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
It may be time for me to retire the dirt only bike in favor of a dual sport--the possibilities seem endless :cool:

Looks like a good time thanks for sharing!

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Greg- thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. Next time, you need to physically share your trip with us!;) Looks like a blast. Repeat in the spring?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We came home over the Wooden-Shoe Road which connected us to the Elk Ridge Road and then we dropped down over the Bears Ears to SR95 then on to Blanding, Moab & Home. The colors up there were nothing short of stellar and we passed maybe one or two vehicles until we got close to Natural Bridges.

Impossible Hill is quite a bit harder than Bobby's Hole, down isn't much but coming up was pretty much dual lockers and some clearance, even then we had a Jeep in our group bust a front joint. It would be comparable to say the Rock Garden on Mineral Basin but on a 35+ degree slope. It would be more than I would be comfortable with climbing on my bike personally.

Gotcha, sounds like a fun trip!

I would be interested to see a mild 4x4 going up Bobbys Hole hill, if you were aired down it would probably be fine, but if your tires spun, you'd have to back up and get a run, from what I saw.

I think I'll pass on Impossible Hill for any near-future trips. :eek:

It may be time for me to retire the dirt only bike in favor of a dual sport--the possibilities seem endless :cool:

Looks like a good time thanks for sharing!

Dual sports are mucho fun, IMO. I've slowly gone from un-plated dirtbike rider to plated and big-tank-of-fuel dual sport bikes. I've been having so much fun with this bike, it will go many places and provide smiles for miles!

That looked like a killer trip :cool: Nice report and great pics!

It was one of those trips I'll be looking back on for sometime. Some company would have been nice though. :) Glad you liked it, let's plan a ride!

Greg- thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us. Next time, you need to physically share your trip with us!;) Looks like a blast. Repeat in the spring?

:D

Last RME ride I tried to put together was a no-go, nobody showed up. I thought about posting this here, but didn't think it would take off, so I went by myself.

I could be talked into a Spring-time repeat! But I guarantee we will be pushing bikes up Bobby's Hole hill. :ugh:

JBinPDX

Hey Greg, I'm the guy in the white Jeep you met on Lockhart. I'm planning my next trip, and stumbled onto this page - imagine my surprise! Way cool.

This site ROCKS. I signed up. Soon I'll be playing along on the Guess Where This Is thread.

Very cool write-up on one of my favorite trails.

Take care,
John

Ogre Palowakski

I just discovered this ride report because of the new guy bumping it. Welcome, new guy! :cool:

Anyway, great report! This makes me want to stop worrying about bills, buy a dual sport and explore more of Utah.

:thumbs:

Greg

Admin
Hey Greg, I'm the guy in the white Jeep you met on Lockhart. I'm planning my next trip, and stumbled onto this page - imagine my surprise! Way cool.

This site ROCKS. I signed up. Soon I'll be playing along on the Guess Where This Is thread.

Very cool write-up on one of my favorite trails.

Take care,
John

John, what a SMALL WORLD!! That is too cool that you found RME4x4 and this report, I'm glad you posted up.

Glad you're enjoying the site, we try to make it a quality community. Hopefully I'll run into you again in the backcountry of Utah. :cool:

I just discovered this ride report because of the new guy bumping it. Welcome, new guy! :cool:

Anyway, great report! This makes me want to stop worrying about bills, buy a dual sport and explore more of Utah.

:thumbs:

Do it, dual sports and Utah go hand in hand. :D

Greg

Admin
No kidding! And you run this site, right? How cool is that? Great stuff in here, I'm still checking it out.

Get your SPOT yet?

And thanks Ogre, nice to be here.

Yeah John, I started RME over 10 yrs ago and have a great team of guys that help me keep it going. It's been fun, I love exploring in the 4x4, but motorcycles are another love of mine.

I haven't picked up a SPOT, I have wanted to and have been very close to pulling the trigger, but haven't done it yet! I need to, if not for my own peace of mind, then my wifes.

nrspence

Greg great trip report. Reminds me of heading out looking for elk horns with my buddys riding around on dirt bikes in some of those areas. Next month i hope to get out that way to find some shed antlers. Elk ridge, the bears ears, beef basin and sweet alice are awesome places to explore.
Nate