extended wheelbase

stifjeep

i have a 93 yj that i am extending the wheelbase on. i have moved the rear axle back 5 inches. i know that i have to move the gas tank, and i was just wondering what some of you did with your tank. and what is the best thing to do. should i just put it in the back and not have a back seat? any help is appreciated.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
if you are going to put it in the jeep it should be a sealed fuel cell.you might be able to raise the floor just behind the seat and push the tank up some.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Badger said:
......You might be able to raise the floor just behind the seat and push the tank up some.

That's what I did. I had to raise the rear seat and seat belt mounts also. It's kinda scary what the seatbelts are actually mounted to on a stock Jeep.......:eek::eek:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
mbryson said:
That's what I did. I had to raise the rear seat and seat belt mounts also. It's kinda scary what the seatbelts are actually mounted to on a stock Jeep.......:eek::eek:
I like what you did with yours... It looked to be really clean and even fairly easy to do....

rondo

rondo
I did the same thing to my YJ. I kept the stock tank (for now), turned it sideways, and mounted it opposite of the exhaust and sunk it into the floor. I'd rather do a fuel cell but it's out of the budget.