extreme 4x4 on Spike

James K

NO, I'm always like this
IT SUCKED

I guess it was to much to ask that there actually be a show that teachs you something other then how to bolt on some worthless air suspension.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
James K said:
IT SUCKED

I guess it was to much to ask that there actually be a show that teachs you something other then how to bolt on some worthless air suspension.

Yes it did! :D

They interviewed 12 people, 6 were rockcrawlers, 2 were monster truck guys, 2 I don't remember, and you see who the choose. Jesse (the girl) just graduated from Wyo tech, the show sponsor. Ian was a shop teacher from Canada and was on MG. Both were pretty cool, but not the most experienced "extreme" wheelers/builders. I think the UROC east guys from Florida should have got the jobs.

Guess they knew some of us would not do cheese or bolt on.... :greg:

Marc

James K

NO, I'm always like this
rckcrlr said:
Yes it did! :D

They interviewed 12 people, 6 were rockcrawlers, 2 were monster truck guys, 2 I don't remember, and you see who the choose. Jesse (the girl) just graduated from Wyo tech, the show sponsor. Ian was a shop teacher from Canada and was on MG. Both were pretty cool, but not the most experienced "extreme" wheelers/builders. I think the UROC east guys from Florida should have got the jobs.

Guess they knew some of us would not do cheese or bolt on.... :greg:

Marc

the part that kills me is that there is already a ton of bolt on shows on. yet they go ahead and do another bolt on show. IDIOTS.

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
They showed the S-10 version of the Airbag suspension Stacy did in the last season on a re-run this afternoon. Bolt on is crap. They should swap out these two chowderheads for Stacy and let Stacy do the real extreme build-ups.....while Ian and Jessi do Trucks.....

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
oh, yeah, he's great, old Stacy there... guffawing at every sentence. What a tool. NICE BRONCO BRO!

eh.... at least he actually knows what he's doing, I guess.

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
He might be a tool and his Tennessee mud-flap definately doesn't help, but he's entertaining enough to someone to re-up the TV show for multiple seasons. Personally, I think he's earned enough respect to continue doing what he's doing. I just think it's a shame they are going to copy trucks and call it something different. :mad:

BTW, by "real extreme build-ups" I mean I want four more episodes on BullyDog diesel ECU's and slammed bagged out S-10's. :rolleyes:

I see actual four wheeling shots in the trailer for that show, I guess I am just waiting for him to actually show some of that stuff. :-\

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
stacy rules

I like Stacy so much I dressed up as him for halloween. You're right, he is a tool. Unfortunately, his show is about the best 4x4 show on right now. Stacy is a freak, but his sweet mullet cracks me up. They should give him something cooler to talk about, namely rockcrawling.

B-RAD

Don't rip on Stacey I dig his show. That copperhead truck is bad ass I looked it over real hard at sema. It is not a out right show piece, it is a sweet little driver. as for wild horse its alright but not latest and greatest it looks like what we were doing to my buddies EBs about 15-20 years ago still clean and a great restore job but NOT cutting edge.
Marc what ever happen with your interview? did I miss a thread?
I was really looking forward to that new show, but was a little dissapointed. Maybe it'll be more entertaining as time goes on.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
B-RAD said:
Marc what ever happen with your interview? did I miss a thread?

As I said....
"They interviewed 12 people, 6 were rockcrawlers, 2 were monster truck guys, 2 I don't remember, and you see who the choose. Jesse (the girl) just graduated from Wyo tech, the show sponsor. Ian was a shop teacher from Canada and was on MG. Both were pretty cool, but not the most experienced "extreme" wheelers/builders. I think the UROC east guys from Florida should have got the jobs."

I was one of the 6. Not only did RTM have to interview us, MTV execs in LA and NY had to review all the screen test and they made the final call.
I am a little disapointed, but the more I learned through the weekend I was in Nashville and since then. I have relized it was not all it was made out to be. The group of people they interview had a GREAT deal of knowledge and experience, most more than me. It was a great group and it seems they choose the 2 least extreme/experience builders. Don't get me wrong, Ian and Jesse know their stuff....just not as much as most of the others do. I t seems to me that they picked the hosts that were easiest to lead and would not want to lead thenselves.
The more I learn about it, the more the show seems like a infomercial for various products....It is completely and wholely sponsor driven....Look at the companies between the shows, always the same major brands....Hell, Jess graduated from Wyo tech.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
rckcrlr said:
...the more the show seems like a infomercial for various products....It is completely and wholely sponsor driven....Look at the companies between the shows, always the same major brands....Hell, Jess graduated from Wyo tech.
:hickey: Bingo :D

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
I thought the show was weak as hell. Hopefully they will stop the bolt on stuff and just show people wheeling. That's what the commercials portrayed the show as.

On a side note: did I miss it or did Stacy ever show the copper head finished and haulling ass? And where the hell is Sgt. Rock and the 49" Irocs?????
:confused: