Extreme Christmas Tree Tech.

chicky

Peep!
'Tis the season, so I'm posting the buildup of our Christmas tree.

First step, get yerself a tree. We got ours from Tabby mountain, by Fruitland, a great tradition we have started. Before all you tree huggers get your panties in a wad, here's a pic of the tag. No poaching here.

ct1.jpg

The day was beautiful, fresh snow had just fallen. We found our tree and chopped it down. We then proceeded to tie the beast to the truck. Got back home and hauled it in, barley fit through the door. We finely got the tree upright and in position.

ct2.jpg

Second step is to light the tree. I prefere clear lights but any kind will do. I estimate we used 12 strands of lights, even had to run out and buy three additional sets as well as an extension cord. Always look for the directions to see how many sets can be hooked together.

ct3.jpg

Before you go any further, make sure to give your tree lots of water. A little secret I have learned is to add sprite to your water and this will make your tree last longer.

ct4.jpg

Once you have the lights on this would be a good time to make sure it will clear the ceiling fan.

ct5.jpg

Now comes the fun part, time to decorate! I had one of my assistants demonstrate....a tree this big takes big balls.

ct6.jpg

I sure had lots of help from my assistants. When I had trouble reaching the tall areas I sent up Koko. She has no fear.

ct7.jpg

Well, we are almost there....once you have all the proper decor on the tree it's time to show off the finished product!

ct8.jpg

I showed you mine, now you all show yours. :)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
That fan blade is 14.5 feet from the floor. :D It didn't look quite that big in the back of the truck... :confused:

JeeperG

Kittys and Ornaments ;) I sure found a mess around this place this morning. :eek: But not my cats, Not my tree. Let the roomatte and his wife take care of the mess. :D