Extreme West RockCrawling National Series

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
I started something on the UROC Board.

D said:
i know almost everything there is to know about the extreme west, what do you need to know, like i know they are working on the location and the info will be out soon,. what else?

Here is a started of some communication between UROC and Extreme West RockCrawling National Series thanks "D". I will started out slow and know it is time for all the Extreme West teams to speak up. If you guys don't speak up we can't fix it, your bitch if we don't like something .This will work if everyone started over and started to communicate.

1. ( Scoring) Will lets started with the scoring from the first extreme west event, How is it that if 4 competers in the Super Modified Class tied for 20 place they are listed 20,21,22, and 23 inpoint if everyone 40 all there courses, should that not be a tie for 20th ? I know that time breaks the tie, but know one completed their courses. If all the competers that tied in the event this way they would move up for year end points right.

2. ( Event location) We have been hearing this for a long time, but we know that we will be running are 3rd event in Ceder City with Pro Rock in July and that UROC is working on next year’s event location. How about this years first and then next years after.

3. (Running to different events at the same location.) Did we not learn from Farmington with RCAA and CalRock they ran their events at the same time at the same place and all I think it did was split the drivers and fan’s because some of use, do run more than just one event in the year.

4. (Event coverage) is they’re going to be any for the extreme west event and who?

5. (Event sponsors) who and are they putting up any money for the teams?

6. (Event Safety) please just go into what UROC is going to offer first please.

Wild Bill

rockraven

1)Has UROC changed the rule about not finishing in time?
Like only the courses who were ran by ALL should be counted. This would be fair.(even though they may never have that problem again)
2) I think they are working on progress points. Anyone know for sure?
I didn't have a problem with the way the courses were but if they had progress points it would spread out the points alittle.

Last year UROC was fun. The mood was upbeat and at the drivers meeting we all got a huge pep talk. They told us all their ideas and it all sounded good.
We all really thought this year would be huge and the sport would take off.

I know things haven't gone quite like they wanted. I hope everything turns around.
I know you're talking about Extreme West and I dropped down to run it this year But I really do think they have their hands full with the PRO's and if they need to drop the West in order to concentrate on the Pro's and better the sport as a result I'm OK with that.(not saying this is whats happening)

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
rockraven said:
1)Has UROC changed the rule about not finishing in time?
Like only the courses who were ran by ALL should be counted. This would be fair.(even though they may never have that problem again)
2) I think they are working on progress points. Anyone know for sure?
I didn't have a problem with the way the courses were but if they had progress points it would spread out the points alittle.

Last year UROC was fun. The mood was upbeat and at the drivers meeting we all got a huge pep talk. They told us all their ideas and it all sounded good.
We all really thought this year would be huge and the sport would take off.

I know things haven't gone quite like they wanted. I hope everything turns around.
I know you're talking about Extreme West and I dropped down to run it this year But I really do think they have their hands full with the PRO's and if they need to drop the West in order to concentrate on the Pro's and better the sport as a result I'm OK with that.(not saying this is whats happening)

This was on the UROC board about the progress point, but I dont think that it is set in stone as of now, but Mike is working on it.

Progress points will be determined by coarse designer. It will not be every set of cones.
We have talked about 4 sets of cones at the maximum.
We are going to start this at Vernal
Mike

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
Here is a new post from UROC.

D wrote:
ok, all of your ?s have been moved to another section and are being discussed, stand by for answers, ive been out of town just got back and its late, this is going to take a couple of days probably, ill try to give you updates as soon as possible

Thanks D
Wild Bill

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:43 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:30 pm Post subject:

i got info today on the location, its not definate and wont be for at least a week, so iam not even going to say, there are people out there trying to sabotage the events, and urocs progress, so your going to have to stand by for that one to be relesed, we are working on the other questions as well, but you also have to realize the entire uroc staff is in vernal, and has been working on the vernal event for a while now, but they are still in contact with us and we are working on this stuff, sorry i know this should have been done already, they know this should have been done already, the merger and the events are a huge timekiller and the future plans are as well someone mentioned some dates about next year you have to work on next year now so you dont have the problems were having with the dates

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:20 am Post subject:

damn you guys ask all the hard questions, this one was being worked on before you ask and its the same answer your going to have to wait for answers

D sorry don’t take offense and thanks for you fast replies to are questions, but you said that you new about everything about the Extreme West Series, but I see the Pro Series is getting all the attention again. And we are being asked to wait for another week or two. UROC should have some of the answer? Our are the just starting to work on them? Lets take out the questions for know like the (event location and the event that are being ran at the same time as ProRock) and give us the answer on.

1. (Scoring) Will lets started with the scoring from the first extreme west event, How is it that if 4 competers in the Super Modified Class tied for 20 place they are listed 20,21,22, and 23 inpoint if everyone 40 all there courses, should that not be a tie for 20th? I know that time breaks the tie, but know one completed their courses. If all the competers that tied in the event this way they would move up for year end points right.

4. (Event coverage) is they’re going to be any for the extreme west event and who?

It seems when some of the teams asked for time on the event fees UROC would not give anymore time to them, but know that they have are money they are asking for all the time they need to answer the questions. So please give us the answers on the above question they should know the answers by know. I think that would be a good started of communication between UROC and Extreme West RockCrawling National Series Teams if they do this, I think they will find out that they will have most of are support thanks "D"

Wild Bill

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
Update

Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D wrote:
# 1 scoring is the first thing we started working on, i just started working on it when i saw your post, i will get you some info on it soon, its not easy getting info, there is an event going on this week, so everyone is tied up on different stuff right now.

# 4 i heard rumors from the uroc office. when they were trying to get espn they were also trying to get all the other channels. because they didnt know which show would take them. since espn did take the pros. one of the others might take the west and the east series i heard speed channel probably this is not confirmed

# 5 i dont know the answer to this yet

# 6 ambulances, osha approved caps on the rebar, and the rebar pushed back

oh and sorry about the know it all comment, i really wish i had all the answers for you,
i really belive in these guys, and i know theyll do what ever it takes to get it together, i know its a bumpy ride right now, and if iam wasting your time i wont post any more about this, but i will continue to work on your questions, for my own info

Like I said D don’t take offense to what I posted. And I have thank you for your fast reply’s to are questions, I just would like some of them answer. So please stay on them for use.

Thank again
Wild Bill

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
RockMonkey said:
Thanks for the updates, Bill. Good info. Keep em coming!

Thanks I just want the Extreme West RockCrawling National Series to work for all of use. It will be alot of fun for are fans and use, so give me any input that you my have.

Thanks again
Wild Bill

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
have been trying to get a reply from someone from UROC, for about 6 weeks know with now luck as of today. Maybe a poll I would like just the Extreme West teams to cast a vote on the UROC forum http://www.uroceast.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2064

Thank Wild Bill

1. ( Scoring) Will lets started with the scoring from the first extreme west event,
How is it that if 4 competers in the Super Modified Class tied for 20 place they
are listed 20,21,22, and 23 inpoint if everyone 40 all there courses, should that
not be a tie for 20th ? I know that time breaks the tie, but know one completed
their courses. If all the competers that tied in the event this way they would move
up for year end points right.

2. ( Event location) We have been hearing this for a long time, but we know that
we will be running are 3rd event in Ceder City with Pro Rock in July and that UROC
is working on next year’s event location. How about this years first and then
next years after.

3. (Running to different events at the same location.) Did we not learn from Farmington
with RCAA and CalRock they ran their events at the same time at the same place and
all I think it did was split the drivers and fan’s because some of use, do run
more than just one event in the year.

4. (Event coverage) is they’re going to be any for the extreme west event and
who?

( answers ambulances, osha approved caps on the rebar, and the rebar pushed back

# 7 What are they going to do about the rebar? we have been talking about this for
a few years now. There was a team that rolled over 3 times and then ended up on
a 4 foot pc of rebar at the event this weeked. Someone is going to get hurt or killed,
then maybe someone will do something about it. [/size][/size]

#8 Has UROC changed the rule about not finishing in time?
Like only the courses who were ran by ALL should be counted. This would be fair.(even
though they may never have that problem again)

#9 Round table members for the Extreme West ( answers pure-adrenaline)

Wild Bill

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
I would like this to come from UROC, but I talked with Ranch today about are questions. He said that he would give me some answers on are question in one or two days, but they still don’t have a location they are still working with the BLM maybe in a few weeks or so. I will give him the two days he is asking for and then started calling and posting again if need.

Wild Bill

By the way Parker the rig maybe ready this weekend call me. 801-561-0934

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Thanks Bill. It's ridiculous that they demand our money up front, but they can't tell us where we're going in six weeks. :rolleyes: As I said on the UROC forum, Ranch and Mark only care about the pro series. They should just call the pro series RRCA, and beg Craig to come back and run the West series under the UROC name. It is ironic that they claim their motives are to grow the sport, while they are in fact killing it. :(

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
RockMonkey said:
Thanks Bill. It's ridiculous that they demand our money up front, but they can't tell us where we're going in six weeks. :rolleyes: As I said on the UROC forum, Ranch and Mark only care about the pro series. They should just call the pro series RRCA, and beg Craig to come back and run the West series under the UROC name. It is ironic that they claim their motives are to grow the sport, while they are in fact killing it. :(

Iam with you on this, but what do we do for know? Next year we will be in the drivers seat. I know that I will not be paying up front before I now were the locations are going to be.

Wild Bill