Extreme West - Uroc #2

Nixter

on the road again...
Ok.....it's been 2 days..... where's the official RME report????? Carl? Braden? Anyone else??? Give us the details!!!

(bummed I was out of town)

sibeta

Nixter said:
Ok.....it's been 2 days..... where's the official RME report????? Carl? Braden? Anyone else??? Give us the details!!!
(bummed I was out of town)

Yeah i went in and couldnt find any final scores on Pbb

Caleb

sibeta said:
Yeah i went in and couldnt find any final scores on Pbb

yeah, they are there but REALLY hard to read...the few locals I know places for are Carl 16th, Braden 5th, Linda and Todd Adams 10th, Craig Stump and Creighton King 4.5th (exhibition only:D), Jake Mecham 11th...here is the score sheet that was posted on Pirates (if you turn it, it become unreadable so you get to deal with a kinked kneck:D)

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
Quick report from the Adams Family Crawlers:
We blew the head gasket out on the Grand just as we got into Barstow. Matt towed our rig to and from the event site as well as home. (Thanks Big Sgt.)
Friday started us out on B1. Once we moved a huge rock out of the way for those that followed, (The Picture of this made the front page of the local paper) we timed out. [/IMG]
The rest of the day went about as well with us either timing out or pointing out until we got to B5 where Linda laid it over. ( picture is on Pirates ).
DSC06990.jpg

Saturday we did a bit better making A2 with 15 seconds left. Linda re arranged the sheet metal on the passenger side on this course so Red YJ wont win any more best YJ trophies for a while.
We took the same line Emil did on A3 and got through with 8 minutes to spare. Completing 2 in a row had us pretty pumped up. Unfortunately we 40’d the remaining courses but was enough for 10th. We feel very lucky for that and that we did not break anything major. Just a couple of bent springs, road rash, and a re arranged exhaust system.
When we first looked the course over we thought as did everyone else this was going to be easy. Not so, the surface of the rocks was very slick. What would be a piece of cake climb in Moab took a lot to get up if we could get up at all. There were several verts we just did not make it up due to the weight of our rig. This nothing to do with the tires which hooked up as well as any.
Todd

Last edited:

SuperRanger

It was nice to meet a lot of you people. I had a great time and thought it was a great event. The heat was harsh but UROC thought ahead (that's right folks) and had a refrigirated semi out there for everbody to cool off in. Needless to say, it was awesome.

We started on B-2 and were alarmed at the lack of traction on the rock. We made a climb up a face and tried to shimmy over to the right. I was to excited and took it to fast, the front end slid and I was on my side. We got out and rolled it back over (added 3/4 roll) and tried again. We ended up on the side two more times before I 40'd. It was fun as hell!

After that, things came together well and we won! It came down to the last course and the pressure was on. So as I can remember the top scores are:

MODIFIED

Brad Lovell / Roger Lovell
Josh Bureau
Jet Jaffee
Ben Hanks
Braden Kemp
6th - Clay Egan

Super Mod

Peter Mazonni (sp)
Adam Lunn
Parker Garrett

Hopefully we will get complete scores soon.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Yep, the most fun we had was on B2. We broke a freak'n starter motor and missed B1 trying to find one to borrow. Ended up taking the one off Sky's Extreme's white XJ that was sitting by their booth. Really saved us! We got that swapped just barely in time to run B2. We were both dieing from working so hard to get the rig running again. We briefly tried the SM line, and gave up, worked our way up the canyon, rolled a few times, almost ran out of time, and finished the top section in about 20 seconds. We were happy to get a 22 on that one. I thought the course was appropriately difficult, definately not too easy this time. The same course on slickrock may have been too easy, but the granite really made it tougher. Oh yeah, we got 5th, not bad. We could have done better, could have done worse. :-\

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Extremely Hot (110 in the shade)

They did have ALOT better courses than St George... most were actaully fun to run rather than discouraging... Carl and I did better on the harder ones than most...

Did I mention it was hot, lots of rigs with cooling issues, including ours (Carls buggy).. the fan relay was giving fits and sent the temp to 275+ in a hurry.

UROC did have a refer big rig there to sit in and get out of the heat... way cool!

Barstow, hmmmm.... enough said...

Ride home, two trailer tires and a water pump... thanks to good freinds (Braden, Bryson and Chris), we (Carl, Mandy, and I) made it home in one piece... The buggy needs some work after a HARD roll that took claim toi several rigs (Wild Bills was one)

The Maxxis Rockstars did very well in the event and even put on a show (Jake)

Overall a better event... :D

-Kurt
Team Rocklogic4x4/Maxxis/Rockstar Racing

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
PS, I have some video on my digicam... anyone able to host a short clip of Jake Mecham rolling and rigging his rear axle off? Good show

Caleb

cruiseroutfit said:
PS, I have some video on my digicam... anyone able to host a short clip of Jake Mecham rolling and rigging his rear axle off? Good show

I'll setup an ftp again and you can upload it to my site...gimme a few minutes...

cruiseroutfit said:
Ride home, two trailer tires and a water pump...

was that water pump on Carls truck? that sucks...

Caleb

cruiseroutfit said:

give it about 15 mins...then click and copy and paste in the window that opens up in...if you have any questions let me know

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Supergper said:
I'll setup an ftp again and you can upload it to my site...gimme a few minutes...

was that water pump on Carls truck? that sucks...
Yup. We decided to pull into the Hogi Yogi at the first Nephi exit to grab something slushy to drink. Just as Carl (actually Kurt was driving, hence the carnage) was pulling into the parking spot it dumped coolant everywhere. :(

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
Yup. We decided to pull into the Hogi Yogi at the first Nephi exit to grab something slushy to drink. Just as Carl (actually Kurt was driving, hence the carnage) was pulling into the parking spot it dumped coolant everywhere. :(

bummer, damn kurt:D that was pretty early wasn;t it, was there somewhere open?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Supergper said:
bummer, damn kurt:D that was pretty early wasn;t it, was there somewhere open?

Hahaha... it was gonna go somewhere... glad it did it in a parking lot rather than on the freeway at 75mph... Luckily it never did get hot, even after starting it up to put it on the trailer, amazingly the pump "unseized" as we got ready to put it on the trailer...

And the tires...we goners from the get go, seemed like we stopped every 10 mins to fix tires... :(

Billforceone

A real friend !!!!!!!
Michelle and I placed 15th. The event was great but hot, We did roll the ranger 2 time the first day, but had the best time on A5 and did a wheel stand up A1 and got the best score at the time of 2 point.

Wild Bill

Tjjeepjunkie

J.A.M. Off-Road Racing
What a fun event met lots of great people and had way to much fun i heard i had fun in vegas too but i dont remember that :eek: I learned the hard way i need 35 spline stub shafts. but i had more fun putting on the show anyways :D

carnage list
2-broken 30 spline stub shafts
1-broken hub
1-broken brake line
1-broken u-joint
1-broken control arm mount
demolished body and rear cage

Thanks to all who helped fix my heep

Lets see some pics and video Alternate spotter (Kurt)