Wanted Fabricator to rebuild a Transmission Tunnel

rkillpack

Converted Oil Burner
I am looking for a person/shop to rebuild the transmission tunnel on my 2007 JK. It was cut out to make room for an engine swap, and now needs to be resealed. The kicker is I would like to make it removable for later convenience and access.
I have tried a few sheet metal fabricators that can make the parts, they just can't have the vehicle on site for liability reasons. That isn't really a good option right now.
If you are interested, or know someone that is, and are located near SLC Utah then please send me an email or PM.
I can be reached at rkillpack@gmail.com.
Thanks.
edit: I have added the photo of how the jeep sits now.
IMG_9426.jpg

Last edited:

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Carl was telling me about a guy who did the floor in brysons buggy and alot of other sheetmetal work hopefully I Lean will chime in shortly with that info

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I've had a gaping hole in my floor for years and never got around to fixing it, because I've never done anything like that before. Never thought about just letting someone else do it :) Let me know who you end up going with (and PM what they charged you, if you don't mind?).

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I've had a gaping hole in my floor for years and never got around to fixing it, because I've never done anything like that before. Never thought about just letting someone else do it :) Let me know who you end up going with (and PM what they charged you, if you don't mind?).

A couple of years ago I redid the interior of my scrambler and being 30+ years old, the floor had several issues. I worked with Carl Nielson (team Fred) on getting it fix and he did an AMAZING JOB. He fixed Holes in the bed, holes in the doghouse, holes in the floor pans, you name it.

I couldn't be happier.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Just out of curiosity, why did you need to cut it up? I thought those Hemi's (guessing it's a hemi) fit pretty well in the JKs.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Just out of curiosity, why did you need to cut it up? I thought those Hemi's (guessing it's a hemi) fit pretty well in the JKs.

I believe it is something of the diesel variety..... Possibly starting with a D and ending with an uramax???

D

Deleted member 12904

Dugfab does amazing tin work. He is working full time for Race Co now so I'm not sure how much side work he is doing but you can pm him ( he doesn't get on here much) or pm me for his #.

UFAB

I would have to pass. If I can't make it super gucci then I won't do it. Don't have the proper sheet metal tooling.

Check out Greer sheet metal Provo, UT