Fake beadlocks and an e-locker.

ace

Parts Collector
I've been here before and enjoyed the conversation. After changing a few things and selling off my projects, I decided I miss having an off road rig. So, here I am with a shiny new toy, a 2011 tacoma doublecab with the TRD and TX pro packages. I'm finding that I love almost everything about it. I figure that with everything that it came with, I'll be able to choose a few minor modifications and have a fairly capable truck and still be able to use it as my daily driver.

Well, anyway, hello again

Tom

ace

Parts Collector
As far as I can tell, it's basically a "sport" without the hood scoop. I think the TX package is just the wheels and TRD exhaust. Mine has a six speed manual transmission. It's been a lot of fun so far.

Last edited:

Caleb

The TX has changed a bit this year (maybe 2012 too???). It's actually an additional package on top of other packages. For example, the one I was looking at last weekend was the TX on top of the TRD Offroad package. It gave you (in addition to the TRD Offroad options) Remote reservoir Bilstein shocks, BFG AT Tires, still the fake bead locks (but they are actually the nice TRD grey wheels with a ring on them, so pretty nice wheels), Red Coils (instead of the normal black), about a 2" lift, a graphics kits, the TRD cat back exhaust, and I'm sure a few other things. The problem I had with it is it drove the price of that truck up to just a few hundred shy of $40K...for a Tacoma. :eek: I just stuck with the TRD Offroad package and let them keep the TX package :)

ace

Parts Collector
The one you describe is the TXpro Baha. It's pretty sweet, but that price.....

I picked his one up used.

Caleb

The one you describe is the TXpro Baha. It's pretty sweet, but that price.....

I picked his one up used.

It is the TX Baja package, but according to the sales person, their website, Edmunds.com, etc it's the only option for a TX package for 2013.

Last edited:

ace

Parts Collector
BTW, nice looking truck. I love these trucks...infact that's why I picked up one for myself :D

Thanks. I agree that these look good, especially in dark gray and black with a lift and big tires. I like the way it works too.

Steve, I've enjoyed following the Carlos build thread.