Northern Utah Fall Quarterly Training Day + Service Project up AF Canyon: September 28-29th 2012

Max Power

Bryce
I should be able to make it later on the 28th. If you could PM me your camping spot so I can meet you guys it would be appreciated.

sixstringsteve

the camping spot is still up in the air, we have a handful of places we'll do it. I won't know 'till I meet with the FS up at tibble that night. If there's nobody @ tibble when you get there, we'll post signs so you'll know where to go.

MBD09

please move me to a maybe since my rig is now experiencing some issues.

Driving it tonight i heard an odd, deep sound but very quiet. the farther i drove the worse it got. By the time i drove 11 miles home it was vibrating and the noise was easily noticeable (worse under acceleration). So i thought i would disengage the rear and run on front wheel drive only (atlas t-case) and i didn't seem to have any issues. From a dead start at about 3mph i can hear and feel something wrong but just cant pinpoint while driving so up she goes on the jack stands to try and figure it out. If anyone has any any ideas or suggestions please let me know.

I'll post up to let everyone know if i am going to make it.

Max Power

Bryce
the camping spot is still up in the air, we have a handful of places we'll do it. I won't know 'till I meet with the FS up at tibble that night. If there's nobody @ tibble when you get there, we'll post signs so you'll know where to go.

If you guys decide to camp where a stock Titan can go without any damage I will plan on attending.

sixstringsteve

A few updates:

- we will be camping at Dutchman Flat on Friday night. Any high-clearance stock truck/suv/jeep can make it up there no problem.
- we will be hosting a series of trail rides as soon as the service project is completed on Saturday (around 1 PM). I need volunteers to lead/tail gun the following trails. let me know if you can volunteer as a leader:

- Road to Pole Line Pass: about 1 hour up and back (super easy, graded dirt road with beautiful views)

- Mary Ellen Gulch Trail: 2-3 hours, up and back trip to an old abandoned mining site, with cabin remains (beginner, easy in a stock 4x4)

- Forest Lake Trail: 2-3 hours, up and back to a small lake with salamanders. Lake is about 3-5' deep. (intermediate, stock rigs can complete it with careful spotters, armor recommended, especially sliders)

- Mineral Basin Trail: 3-4 hours up and back (intermediate/advanced, body damage possible in a stock 4x4. If you have a lift, you'll be fine with a good spotter. Sliders recommended but not required if you have a lift​

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Steve, I'd be happy to volunteer for whatever you need, and if you don't need anything then I'll be happy to follow you up Mineral. I have these news tires, see, and I'd like to have a little conversation with that spot where I high centered last time... :D

Dutchman Flat is just past the turnoff for Mary Ellen, yes?

Last edited: