Northern Utah Fall Quarterly Training Day + Service Project up AF Canyon: September 28-29th 2012

sixstringsteve

I also have to give a shout out to the following clubs:

Dirt Hedz (nice to finally meet you Bear)
Lone Peak 4x4 club
Utah 4x4 club
U4WDA
the FS and their tireless crew
AYL - at your leisure for filming it

Brett, I need to get you a shirt/mug as well. Cheryl insisted that everyone who helped on Wed, Thurs, Friday were absolutely instrumental in this project. We never could have completed the fence today without you.

Thanks! (though I didn't do much) I feel bad that I was just a desk jockey this time.

Nice work up there everyone, the pics look great, can't wait to see it in person.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I dunno about the rest of you, but I slept the sleep of the righteous last night. Thanks again to everybody that helped organize this thing, having that much fun for such a good cause with such awesome people feels like it should be illegal.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I gotta give a publicly huge shoutout to davy and Jamie from all Jeep.com. they donated their time and expertise as instructors last night. And many thanks to them for the tow strap they donated. The jeep/Toyota dialogue, that was especially fun. I cant even come close to keeping up with your wit. Youre a good friend, thanks for helping me teach. That would have been super boring if it was just me teaching.

It was great to be there. Sorry I couldn't stay longer. It was awesome to spend time with a group of people that were there to accept stewardship of our trails. I also really appreciated the forrest service being there. It is nice to have a person to deal with. They seem so much less like a faceless government entity now. I appreciate that they care that 4 wheelers get to enjoy the mountains as well.
The class went well and I have some super good wild edibles recipes to share with you:)

doughboy0379

Time to fix up my Zuk :D
ya i went with doughboy but we turned back where the jeep almost flipped, it was getting dark and it was only me and dough. i just planned it safe and me and dough turned back....... didint want to ruin my new tow strap ;)

:eek: I'm not in a Jeep and I only burned my clutch some and picked up a few wheels (normal for my Zuk) I had fun running up as far as we did though. I also had a great time working on the fence and I'm very glad I made the drive down to help out, it was well worth it.

iconwill

ROXX N ROLLER
Oh, did I feel the hurt on this old body. What a great group of people? The instruction on Friday went a long way with me. Cheryl and her Forest Service team did a remarkable job along with all the folk's effort during the week that I didn't get to meet. I was introduced to American Fork Canyon earlier this year and I am thrilled I was part of helping restore it and getting to know the many of the folks here on RME.

I look forward to the next big gig or trail run.

Will

sixstringsteve

Yeah, I'm still feeling it. Glad you could make it Will, it was really great to meet you. I'm excited to hit the trail again with ya soon. We have a trip on the 17th if you'd like to tag along. No real crazy wheeling, but lots of cold weather camping :D

Poe_student

Thanks you all who helped put this together. I'm glad to have meet so many poeple in such an awsome place. I am already looking forward to the next one.