Farmington Canyon Deer

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Went up Farmington Canyon yesterday on the atv's and saw some amazing deer. One was a giant 6 point, I swear his back tines were 20 inches long. The other was a solid 8 point maybe a 10 if he had good brow tines. The second one was a monster. We watched him from about 800 yards and could see his rack clear as day with out glasses. At probably a good 1200 yards with the glasses he still looked huge.

I won't say where we saw these guys because next year I plan on getting one of them with a bow.

We went scouting again today on base because my friend has a tag, saw a couple of nice bucks which I think one of them is going to get a parking ticket on Saturday and I'll hopefully be able to get it on camera.

The parking ticket thing is just a joke we made up last year in South Dakota where we issued about 24 parking tickets. Every time we got a deer we said "Parking Ticket" with some explicit words following.

Rblcori7

Thats good to hear... Im in the Air force and am originaly from TN, i was going to try and do some hunting this year but i got sent out to the desert so no cigar for me this year.. I will deff be hitting some of you guys up to go next year when the time comes

rholbrook

There was actually a third big buck running with those two if they are still together and the same ones I saw. That motorcycle trip we also saw two Toms, a pine hen and probably 6 beaver. Saw them in October. Nice to see two of the three still around.

neagtea

Supporting Member
Pics?
North Canyon is minus 1 lion as of three weeks ago so if you live up there your pets are a little safer.

Houndoc

There are some very nice bucks now days in the SL/Davis areas. Cousins took a monster near the SL/Davis line on the extended archery, missed out on a larger on.

PolarXJ

HO-P
Looks like I need to change hunting areas :D The monsters that roam the are I hunt have either died off or moved on. You use to see signs of them regularly, but not so much any more.

neagtea

Supporting Member
Just drive around bountiful at night. I saw a monster by 5 points south of the roundabout. There is also a trophy by davis blvd and north canyon.