Farmington NM lots of farmington bump

Brosiph4x4

80 degree October wheeling and one of my favorite places.
We drove down with Russell with the Toyota super squirrel from Colorado to meet Charlie (the hard core 70 years young wheeler) and Airen with the Sami buggy from Arizona Thursday. We managed to run several plus trails including RJ's, Arch, Waterfall, Cobra, Rim, Gladiator, Intimidator, Snoopy's, Garage, and part of a brand new trail Harold's Highway while we were there. Thanks to some locals 4x4 tricks.com Rick, Ed Danny and Grahm for pointing us in the right direction and occasionally showing us where to put our tires.:)

DSC00462.jpg

Brosiph4x4

more farmington pics

Now its Time to be a GLADIATOR, this trail is spooky, steep loose climb at the entrance right on the rim of the caynon. with out front dig i dont know if this trail is possible i wouldnt put my self up there with out it...

see the front dig marks are where Russel is standing.. After this very cool climb here is where it gets extreme, next line goes up 5.5" wall into a perfectly shaped bowl that you wedge both front tires into and it pulls you right up... After Watching Ghram i was second Guessing my self.. this one puts a 110in wheel base rig straight up and down with a front tire wanting to float...What a BLAST!!! i will get videos uploaded later..

My turn or should i even try this????

HIS NAME IS CHUCK AND HE DONT GIVE A HOOT!!!
one of his favorite sayings lol...
This old timer is allright in my book hell of a guy to have along...

Brosiph4x4

James you have to make it out there some time next time i go i will email you.. You can take ridiculous climbs that you didint even think possible. This rock has more grip than Moab or any where i have been, its like wheeling on 50 grit sand paper.
Only down fall is its hell on tires, my stickey's got worked. I think i wore a whole season on my tires down in one weekend.

Brosiph4x4

Now it's time for a brand new line on the Snoopy Trail. First Farmington local Ed gave it hell for a minute or two, and backed off before he broke an axle. Next I wedged myself in there on a different line and also gave it hell, ended up backing out as well. Then here comes Charlie in his narrow little one seat buggy and wedges himself in there, gets on the right line and yanks himself right up. Brand new obsticle on Snoopy's officially called Charlie's Wedgie!
You should have seen the look on his face, he was grinning from ear to ear.:D He was happier than a june bug in a coke bottle.

Brosiph4x4

This i belive is Dan and his wifes new JK. she intentionally put a huge Princess sticker on the front of it and pink every thing on the inside just so her husband doesnt go wheel it. and here he is beating the crap out of his wifes new jeep lol

Last edited:
Great pictures!! I'm very jealous; we used to live 2 hours from Choke Cherry. It's an amazing place! You are right about the rock down there. We blew through our SX's in two years thanks to Farmington! :)