Farmington NM - Maiden Voyage (Black Friday)

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
What, no fishing pictures? Your that close to the San Juan and you never sneaked out for a few minutes? Did you eat at Rubio's? I love the Farmington area.

Fishing? I just finished my rig that has been under the knife for almost 2 years and you thought I would take a stick out to a river and sit on the bank for hours on end? :p I really enjoyed Farmington, a lot more than I thought I would actually. I could live there :cool:

Cool build. I hope that my re-build comes out half as good. I have followed you thread for a while and hope I can stay as focused on it as you and Kami. Hope to see you on the trail.:)

That's quite the compliment! What are you building? If you ever want to see something more specific, just post in the build thread :)

Looks good! I like what you have done! I'll send my TJ right over.:D

Sounds like a plan, I like spending other people's money :D

Very cool Ben! Looks like you both had an awesome time. Look like it works very well.

Thanks Shane, it worked even better than I hoped. I'm excited to get a belly pan under it so I can do more bouldery-ish wheeling

Looks great!

Thanks man! Let me know next time you're headed up to Idaho, I'd like to see what kind of wheeling they have up there. Probably won't be til spring?

Looks good man. Good work. Way to get that roll out of the way so soon :)

True, now that it's done, its done. It will suck when we take the glass out though, I really enjoyed the windshield last weekend.

sunshine

No Whiners!
I am rebuilding a older comp buggy that i bought and had a bad day in. I am planning on running it next season while i build a new chassis and transplant the running gear in it.

Thanks Tara! I only went through half of the pics from the weekend :eek:

I also didnt post pics of LJ, she performed flawlessly as well :greg:
Flawlessly?? LJ?? You must have been high on adrenaline! There is nothing flawless about that crotchety old bag of squeaky hiems and incessant leaks! :rofl:
It will suck when we take the glass out though, I really enjoyed the windshield last weekend.
That's what Lexan is for.

What, no fishing pictures? Your that close to the San Juan and you never sneaked out for a few minutes? Did you eat at Rubio's? I love the Farmington area.
We've never gone fishing down there either. Nor have we eaten at Rubio's. I guess there is still a lot we need to do in Farmington besides shop and go wheeling!

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I am rebuilding a older comp buggy that i bought and had a bad day in. I am planning on running it next season while i build a new chassis and transplant the running gear in it.

You're in a whole different ballgame, good luck :cool:

Flawlessly?? LJ?? You must have been high on adrenaline! There is nothing flawless about that crotchety old bag of squeaky hiems and incessant leaks! :rofl:

:rofl:

That's what Lexan is for.

I agree, but... lexan will never be as nice as glass.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
ya...next spring at the earliest. My junk is completely torn down and getting reworked. Im hoping it will be done by Easter.

Idaho is awesome. THere are a few really really fun trails up there

rholbrook

We've never gone fishing down there either. Nor have we eaten at Rubio's. I guess there is still a lot we need to do in Farmington besides shop and go wheeling!

The San Juan is such a great river and I have always done very well there. In fact the largest Rainbow I have ever caught on a fly rod was in the Texas Hole. It was 24" and nearly 13lbs.

Rubio's in Aztec has fantastic Mexican food. You need to go there. In fact, I may be down in March to fish and if I do, we are all going together.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
Looks like a pretty good maiden voyage, after a major build.
Its always nice to get those first couple trails runs under your belt.
your rig looks like it performed really well, looks sweet as well!!

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Looks like you guys had a blast. I must say I am super jealous. I have been doing a good job of saving money over the last year but now I see how your rig has turned out, as well as Goats and Shanes it is making me want to say to hell if saving and get my Jeep to your guys level (or try to at least.)

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
It was really fun to show Ben and Kami around just some of our home turf. And Jezebel really struted her stuff! Kudos to Ben for taking on such a time-consuming project and sticking with it to the end. And doing it right, no corner cutting on this build! And to Kami for being so supportive of it, I also think she turned a wrench or two as well. :)

Two things I learned from Ben on this build:

D60's are excellent forms of payment.

You can never go wrong with a double seal...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Next time we're going to Montrose......then Rangely.........then.......

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
It's been an awesome week and half break from wrenching, now tomorrow I'm back at it. I hope to have it wrapped up before Christmas. I haven't even started the to do list for everything that has to be finished. That's second on my list after cleaning the garage tomorrow.

You can never go wrong with a double seal...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

-_- Wait...... I thought we proved the opposite was true, that two seals aren't always better than one :p