Father & Son on Trans Am Trail

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I am super glad to see that photo! I have been wondering all week if I could turn a small cargo trailer into a decent back country trailer.. It would open up a million options for my 5 person family!
Now onto finding the right trailer!!

Thursty

The trailer was awesome. The dad figured out how to pressurize it to keep out dust, it contained their beds, a generator for power and they also had a solar shower. The rack on the roof of the trailer pulled out to the rear and folded down to the ground to create a privacy space while in a campground. The boxes on top of the Jeep were purchased from military surplus and the dad later found out they were used to contain Stinger missiles. Pretty cool set up. This picture was taken on the Dubinkey Well road where the were busy scraping off mud the had acumulated from the San Juans in Colorado. Their plan was to do a side trip on the White Rim Trail over the next three days and continue on their way on TAT.

Bart

Very cool. I've never heard of that trail. I think the Shadow of the Rockies trail on the map in your link is called the Great Western Trail through Utah and Idaho.

RogueJeepr

Here!
I am super glad to see that photo! I have been wondering all week if I could turn a small cargo trailer into a decent back country trailer.. It would open up a million options for my 5 person family!
Now onto finding the right trailer!!

This site has all sorts of lil trailers and build info . http://www.tnttt.com/
They are called cargo-conversions. I almost went this route before I found my teardrop but I still want to build something like this in the future (5x9) when im done with the teardrop .

Cool trailer . Did ya get any pics of the inside ?