Favorite RockCrawl ORG?

ShortShaft

user
Vendor
What is your favorite Rockcrawling organization? (i.e.- RCAA, UROC, CALROCs, etc…)

Why? Which ones do it more for the sport, as far as promoting new interest, land issues, etc? Which ones do it more for the money and fame to be earned?

There are just so many different comps out there now that it is hard to tell who is in it for the right reasons.

What do you think?

Caleb

I really think you will get one sided answers on this board...most the guys here are UROC people...I myself vote UROC, its the dominating one...and they put a nice large chunk of change toward the BRC and U4WDA and USALL(I think)to help fight for open lands...

here is a thread on POR basically asking this same question http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=133713&highlight=UROC
the basic concensis was that UROC works harder at everything including pleasing the competitors AND the fans...they also seem to be more consistent on their judging:p

if you want to talk to someone in UROC (regaurdless of who it is) you give them a call and talk...with RCAA you have to wait forever for a call back if you ever do get one it wont be from who you wanted to talk to...

creighton

They want me to do what!?
I love UROC. THings have changes a little to be a better value to the sponsors but all in all it is the best organization in the sport. One cool thing is the help they have provided compeditors such as the promo packets and the little things like name badges. UROC is the tops as compared to some others who just seem to be pissing off everybody they ever deal with.

Caleb

Creighton brings up another good point...what other ORg provides a "Tool Shed" for the competitors...UROC is really trying to make the sport of Competitive Rockcrawling a very well run organized sport...

grinch

inner city redneck
Im biasd cuz i spot for Steve Mongumery in UROC. the reason why we do this comp is cuz it is set up where the little guy can still compete and have fun. You dont need million dollar sponcers like you do with some of the other orginazations...althoagh it never hurts to get one...... by the way were still looking.....

grinch

inner city redneck
Amen to that suka... and with the new partners there not getting so commercialized that the smaller money outfits cant still compete and have fun.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I agree with B.

Emphasis lately seems to be on insane climbs with a VERY high probability of carnage. I want to see some technical coarses that REQUIRE rockCRAWLING.

It is starting to look like a Monster Truck exposition meets WWF.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
bbbbb but we like destruction.....

just kidding....or am I...

I really like the UROC organization. They seem to be a little more dedicated.

it is nice that most events try not to double book a weekend for a comp....people can compete very often if they decide.

ShortShaft

user
Vendor
So what if all of the organizations start adopting new rules and regulations, kind of like NASCAR and the like, that streamline everything. Obviously it will make things run smoother, but does it take away from the 'ideals' of the sport, or does it add to it?

Will there eventually be one org. that will become the dominant one and engulf the others into a large national thing, like NBA, NFL, etc...?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
someday there might be a conglomeration...it just depends on who brings in more money and who buys who out if needs be. elimination of competetion does not seem to be on the agenda of any sanctioning body right now....

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I like the reason behind why UROC was originally started..... To generate funds for fighiting the Land Access battles. I hope that's still the #1 reason UROC exists.

Also, MoabRocks had a Tool Shed..... Stolen ideas at work!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I like the fact that the UROC organizers want the crowd to enjoy the event just as much or more than the drivers. It makes you feel good to see the UROC guys getting out to promote the UROC name and get more people out to the comps.....UROC just feels nice to attend...

Bart

UROC is a blast and definitely has some momentum going. But, and I may get flamed here, RCAA is still the big show that draws the biggest competitors. Just an observation.
Bart

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Bart
UROC is a blast and definitely has some momentum going. But, and I may get flamed here, RCAA is still the big show that draws the biggest competitors. Just an observation.
Bart

I know several Utah locals that are RCAA only...it is kind of strange but to each his own....how long do you think this will be the case for competitors?

Bart

RCAA got the head start and CalROCKS is on board now. I think Craig has a great draw in the Supercrawl aspect, but it's hard playing catch up. From what I've heard and seen RCAA and UROC are headed in two different directions.

RCAA wants to remain a high skilled, highly technical circut, which is why CalROCS followed. UROC seems to focus on big climbs and a great show atmosphere.

I personally think that whoever ends up drawing the largest crowds and the most sponsorship will become the dominant series. I think eventually one will win out and there will be one national series. I know it's kiling me being in both right now.
Bart (Just observations, YMMV)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
techincality tests how far drivers will go to be competetive.....if they get sick of the various restrictions they might turn....it is an interesting little world to observe....time will tell