Favorite sunglasses

Omgbecki

Hey guys. What are your favorite polarized non tinted sunglasses. I like to get rid of glare and see clearly. Tinted or dark glasses don't work for me. I prefer some that have a yellowish hue to them over the blue. I've find that those make other colors "pop" out better

Tonkaman

I tried on a friends pair of Spy polarized sunglasses the other day. He was talking about how great the color was and I was surprised as well. Spy calls them their “Happy lens”. Not sure if they are offered non tinted, but worth a look.

Troop92

I have a few pairs of Shady Rays sunglasses that I've really enjoyed. All their offerings are polarized, I believe. I have their amber lenses, they're awesome for driving. They usually have good online codes, and each pair comes with two replacements if you break/lose them, just pay shipping.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I tried on a friends pair of Spy polarized sunglasses the other day. He was talking about how great the color was and I was surprised as well. Spy calls them their “Happy lens”. Not sure if they are offered non tinted, but worth a look.

I have the Spy Montana happy lens. I love them!

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Oakley Polarized in the bronze/red lenses...

Had them for years 8+, and would buy another pair tomorrow if I messed these up.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Maui Jim have been my favorite glasses and they have a good repair/replacement policy. I am really hard on glasses and the glass lenses in the Maui Jim hold up a lot better for me than the polycarbonate. I also have been happy with the quality of the Spy glasses. With how hard I am on glasses, I usually have to get a new pair every year, but with our 60% Spy discount from for our racing, I don't worry about it to much.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I'm all about black iridium polarized Oakleys. I have fairly sensitive eyes so I need/want a lot of tint to knock down the brightness.

pkrfctr

I've had both corneas transplanted so I have to constantly wear sunglasses. Dr recommended Maui's, and I've been wearing them ever since 2005 (not the same pair, kids are tough on them). Great sunglasses.

Tonkaman

Where do you guys like to shop for your sunglasses? It seems like a dumb question, but I’ve been looking recently and the few sunglasses stores I stop in don’t have great selection on lenses meaning they don’t carry the lens variations offered in a given frame. I also have a hard time telling what’s good for sunlight when it’s inside a strip mall under fluorescent lights.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Backcountry has a bunch out in their "showroom" but it might be worth checking out one of the sunglass shops at the mall. I can't remember names of the stores but I found some I liked online then checked them out at the store before buying online. I'm been wearing the same pair of Oakley Holbrooks for 5 years. I bought them as prescription shaded lenses then after PRK bought the same lens without the script. I ended up swapping out those lenses this last summer for a fresh set.

I am VERY particular about scratches and smudges and whatnot because they bug me so much. 99.9% I leave them in the car so I don't lose them or drop them and get scratches that way. If I'm at an RSL game I wear some purple and green striped Chums my dad got back in the day. I'd die if I didn't have my shades. I'm heading to disneyland tomorrow and have been thinking about whether I want to risk them in the park next week... I may need to pack those sweet chums to keep them safe.

D

Deleted member 12904

I’ve bought my last 3 pairs at sunglass hut. They are more than online but less concern about getting counterfeit glasses. And you can try them on.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Where do you guys like to shop for your sunglasses? It seems like a dumb question, but I’ve been looking recently and the few sunglasses stores I stop in don’t have great selection on lenses meaning they don’t carry the lens variations offered in a given frame. I also have a hard time telling what’s good for sunlight when it’s inside a strip mall under fluorescent lights.
I get my Oakleys from the outlet in Lehi, or direct from Oakley online.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
I have been wearing Costa Del Mar sunglasses for 15+ years. For everyday use I use the plastic lens but I have glass lenses for driving and fishing. I buy mine at backcounty.com and occasionally snag a clearance pair at steepandcheap.com.