Feeler how would you guys like a ... during EJS

Spidey

So my buddy called me sunday and asked what I thought about doing a multi day concert, movies fest to promote smart trail use awareness and fund raising for land use organizations. He runs a large sound and production company and his partner really wants to do a show like this during EJS. They want it outside, maybe BFE? (ideas welcome) They think doing a schedule for different bands, night time giant screen movies kind of like a movie in the park, also showing rockcrawling films, and having short commercials promoting responsible land use from clubs and companies. Doing daily EJS news reports with video highlights for each day, the sky is the limit. They own all the equipment so cost would be minimal. He was thinking promoting groups like U4WDA and raising money to keep lands open. It could be a good break or a gathering place after the days fun.
Please give criticisms, explain why this would or wouldn't work and if you would want something like this or not.
I can see this becoming a big part of EJS in the years to come, but it would take alot of planning and hard work. Thanks

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
... could be interesting... During the day, not many people would be there I'd imagine... but at night it might be neat. You could have someone there to push access/use awareness pretty much the entire time...

Definitely an intriguing idea, pending details. :D

Bart

I think BFE is a great spot for all of that except for the drive back after. I'd bet you would attract a bigger audience if you were somewhere closer to town.

I agree. Those who know about BFE may already have been exposed to the concept of responsible trail use. One of the parks in Moab comes to mind where you might get the message out to a wider group.

utah340six

ya for you young guys.
beer would get them there.
for us old farts were in bed at sundown, and up at the crack of DAWN.
drink our coffee then think about moving.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
I think it sounds like a good way to do our part in perserveing our trails, awesome! If you want live entertainment i perform guitar and sing, just about anything and some of my own stuff, and i know some bands that might do it pm if your intrested, oh and the movies sound good to me, wife will love it

Spidey

I agree. Those who know about BFE may already have been exposed to the concept of responsible trail use. One of the parks in Moab comes to mind where you might get the message out to a wider group.

Good point. If we could work to make somewhere in town accessible with good parking it would prolly draw a better crowd that could use the info. Plus BFE would be a dust bowl.

D94R

Seems like there's some public (or maybe private) ball fields kinda center of town that we always drive by when heading towards Hells Revenge. Couldn't park on the fields obviously, but might be a great place to set up screen and equipment in the outfield. Should be plenty of regular parking? Concession stands too maybe for food/drinks?

Just an idea.

cheepin

What about the park they have the car show on.Plenty of parking at the school.During the car show the school charges to park there.So they make good money from the show.

Bart

The other thing with BFE is they have to close the place down to wheeling when there is an event. I'm sure Olaf can shed more light on that. I'd bet there would be a lot of pissed off night wheelers that week if the place was shut down.

If you get the right bands and marketing....people would drive to the moon to be there. I think it would be cool if you could find a place with the red rock moab famous background however. Put it out in the flats before gemini bridges, that way everyone would see it driving into town. Or put in a call to captain Obama and see if arches NP is available. :greg:

Spidey

I've never really noticed a melting pot of sorts during safari that was in town that everyone went to to meet up wth people where every body kicked back. You've got the expo, and PS hill, but nowhere in town. No festival.
On another note, there's plenty of clubs for dedicated wheelers, and off-road associations to petition for land-use, but I dont see much education going on, no movement to inform the masses and the novice wheelers. There are so many off road clubs and forums, but I dont see any organized body or umbrella that all 4x4 enthusiasts can unite under and be a force for responsible land use and stand as the image of the new generation of off roaders. I dont see an organization that stands as the face and also the lightning rod for offroading in the U.S. Am I missing something? Does NORA or Tread Lightly do much as a national force? I dont hear about them much.
Is there nobody that all clubs can unite under for a huge national presence?