Feeler thread for a night ride.

mhudson

YEEHAY
THIS IS JUST A PLANING THREAD. No dates set yet.

I am thinking in doing a night trail ride. I was thinking of old ward canyon trail.

Is thier anyone who would be interested in going on such a trail ride. It would be on a friday or saterday night. start at 9ish pm. Do the old ward trail to second medaow and have a fire for a few hours with some dinner on the fire, then continue on the trail.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I could probably be talked into that. I'd need to wire up some lights, though. I'd assume this trail is not all that technical, just a trail?

Last edited:

mhudson

YEEHAY
Great. I am glad to see a good input. I have not set a date yet. I was thinking of Saterday night the 29 of aug. or saterday 12 of september. Which would be better.

The trail is an easy one. This trail the LC does without the front axle turned in. The trail is around 45 minutes without stops to do. It starts at the bottom of the "B" and runs up the canyon and recontects back on to the main road of Skyline drive about half way up the road at what is called Buckland Flatts campground.

The plan would be something like. meet at 9pm for a gather. Then head up the trail around 930. sto in the big meadow feild for a fire and some dinner for a few, like two hours) then run the rest of the trail.

This would be a great ride for newbies or others who want to meet some of us. The trail is rated at 2.5 or 3ish. I am not sure. The trail can be done in a stock truck. A locker is helpful but not needed. A lift is the same.

jentzschman

Great. I am glad to see a good input. I have not set a date yet. I was thinking of Saterday night the 29 of aug. or saterday 12 of september. Which would be better.

The trail is an easy one. This trail the LC does without the front axle turned in. The trail is around 45 minutes without stops to do. It starts at the bottom of the "B" and runs up the canyon and recontects back on to the main road of Skyline drive about half way up the road at what is called Buckland Flatts campground.

The plan would be something like. meet at 9pm for a gather. Then head up the trail around 930. sto in the big meadow feild for a fire and some dinner for a few, like two hours) then run the rest of the trail.

This would be a great ride for newbies or others who want to meet some of us. The trail is rated at 2.5 or 3ish. I am not sure. The trail can be done in a stock truck. A locker is helpful but not needed. A lift is the same.

Sound fun.... The September date would be better for me as I will be on a bike ride this weekend in Green River with some buddies....

mhudson

YEEHAY
On the 12 of sep. I will be on another trail ride. So lets make an option of the 5 of sep. Or both dates......... Maybe I will do that. One trail ride this saterday, aug 29 and the other on sep 5.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I love night runs I wish I didn't live so far away :(

We used to do the Prov/Mt. Logan loop at least once a week right after work at 10pm back in the good ol' days... :)

Grim

i would be in , but the 5th is labor day weekend , ill be wheelin up by yellowstone. a good camp fire sounds way fun