Fender Flares for a Samuari

how to keep cops away

I kept getting pulled over for no flares and I do not have $300.00
for new ones for my zuk. So I made some out of the rubber
moulding that is used for the bottom of walls. It covers 10.50"
tires just right. And cost about $52.00 for rivets & rivet gun
washers, drill bit & moulding. It is very easy to do!!
;)

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
i used ABS sheet plastic for mine $36 for the sheet and $3 for the brakets We did SAMI's tonight and they look good. So two sets of flares for less that $30!! I still have a little of the sheet left. Check ou the pic of mine.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Tomorrow, when it's light I'll post a pic of the finished poduct. They look good for a 3 hour job, freezing our hands off. And nothing beats cheep! So what if I'm a charity case? They cover all of my 11.50" tire and could easily cover a 12.50" without hassle from the po's. I even got to leave the stock flares on.:D

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
They're not the most flexible ones i've ever seen. But they do flex abit. The only hardware need for ours in a handfull of self-tapping screws and your good to go.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Originally posted by SAMI
They're not the most flexible ones i've ever seen. But they do flex abit.

I was amazed at how well Smokin's held up after the tip. Did any of them even break or was it just the rivets...?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Only the rivets on his ripped off of the brackets. They didn't break on the roll-over. However, me and Wort found one of the flares in two pieces while you guys were rallying out of control back to the road. Me a Smokin' suspect as it was flopping around it got caught on the backside of the tire. Thus, forcing the flare agianst itself and causing it to snap on the tread. But I'm sure that was alot of force. I took the ACT today and have big, smart-people words stuck in the brain. Sorry.:D

doughboy

Never home enough AGH!
ITS all good what ever works is cool. I just thought that someone might find what I did useable but yours is cool too I have seen
smokincamels up close before I did mine. I was just afraid I
would rip them off the the first time I went wheeling.

:D :cool:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I understand that Smokin', trd270, ledhead maybe, and someone else did. But I had the ACT test to take care of in the morning. Plus band practice. We have two big concerts in a week or two. I saw you hit the Rattlesnake scene. I saw Spunky's rig in a pic.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Crusier. Myself, 84 4runner, Trd270 and 87jeep were out there. WE made it out about 4 or so. No real problems just on high center on a axle that required a yank. It was fun.