Fiat is the more dominant gene...

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
I thought about posting this in the Lame Jokes thread, but here will suffice.

So...what do you get when you cross a Fiat and a Chrysler?

...a Renegade?

http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/04/autos/jeep-suv-renegade/index.html

I really do like the idea of a small, fuel-efficient, turbocharged engine with short gears, and a 9-speed transmission. A big "plus" in my book.

Despite its boxy shape, the Renegade has a number of aerodynamic features designed to reduce drag, the automaker said. These include an extended rear spoiler, aerodynamic underbody panels and aerodynamic wheels.

:D

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Supposedly its on a fiat panda chassis? If so, the pics are deceiving, this thing is tiny!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
I think if you own a jeep now, don't sell it. The capable jeep of the past is just that. The past.

How many new Jeeps are offered with more offroad oriented features from the factory than 10 years ago?
3 Cherokees I bought stock didn't even have a tow hook.
I would say the trend is moving towards better gas mileage and vehicles that work better for most folk's actual usage.

Caleb

x2. Jeep's high water mark is the 4.0L TJ Rubicon. It just seems to be the perfect combination of new technology applied to the original Jeep concept.

I'd say the Rubicon Unlimited...but yeah :D

However, since when has any stock vehicle been good enough for the large majority of us? Even a Rubicon ends up with things done to it...same thing with just about any other vehicle.

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
Since when have auto companies been known for not being dumb. This goes double for pina forina. I have owned two fists. Both blew up on me while driving down the road. In fixing then I found their engineering sucks. They have no durability back ground nor any off road expirences to bring to the table. The off road jeep has made way to the euro suv awd.

corbin.black

x2. Jeep's high water mark is the 4.0L TJ Rubicon. It just seems to be the perfect combination of new technology applied to the original Jeep concept.

This is why I just purchased a 2006 LJ rubicon. Anything newer than that has lost most of my interest. I do like the MPG savings of the newer vehicles but i will most likely stick with the older jeeps

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
My experience with Fiat is this: Fiat Abarth Zagato, X1/9, 128, and 124 Sport Spider. They were all fun to drive and got good gas mileage and the engines were sweet running but you had better like to work on engines because they needed constant care like the VW. My hope is that Fiat has learned some lessons and I like the 8 and 9 speed over the CV units.