Fire status in AF Canyon?

shmoesmith

I went up last week and fires were allowed...however i was told by a ranger last week on saturday that it was the last weekend they were allowing fires up there....so for all, fires should be off limits starting sunday the 13th....she also gave me a map of all of the trails up there. Apparently all this talk about closing trails pertains to single track motorcycle trails only! she told me that they planned on taking those out in the next y ear or so and that they had no intention of closing any 4x4 roads :)

-Doug

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
On a side note...

Does anyone know if dogs are allowed in AF Canyon?

I'm hoping to take my new puppy camping to get her used to 4wheeling and sleeping in a tent. Moab is just a little too hot for a puppy right now, :( so I was thinking of going to AF Canyon. I can't remember if AF Canyon is a watershed (no dogs) area.

my4thjeep

i have seen dogs up there but doesn't mean they are allowed. i don't really know but here is the ranger station # -801-785-3563

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by 84 4Runner
On a side note...

Does anyone know if dogs are allowed in AF Canyon?

I'm hoping to take my new puppy camping to get her used to 4wheeling and sleeping in a tent. Moab is just a little too hot for a puppy right now, :( so I was thinking of going to AF Canyon. I can't remember if AF Canyon is a watershed (no dogs) area.

I used to take my dog up there all the time. If you're responsible and clean up after them, I don't think most people mind at all.

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
Originally posted by mbryson

I used to take my dog up there all the time. If you're responsible and clean up after them, I don't think most people mind at all.

I hope that's the case. I just know that in some places, especially National Forest land (which that might be) are considered to be a watershed. Even if you bring a bag and clean up after your dog (which I always do), the water can still be polluted. I would hate to add to Utah's water problems. :(

But if no one has seen signs saying otherwise, hopefully it is ok. :D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by EZRhino
Oh-oh,

No more fires as of this morning!

Only in established campgrounds.

EZ

DAMN! I haven't even had a fire up there this year..... No wonder this summer has been lame.

84 4Runner

Restless 'Runner
I went up AF this weekend. No fires unless in designated camping areas. No charcoal stoves either. And of course, no fireworks :(

And dogs are allowed. My puppy had her first swimming and wheeling lesson all in the same day. She loved the swimming and the hiking and seemed to like (or tolerate) the wheeling. :D

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Dogs are supposed to be kept on leashes just in the campgrounds, and in city limits anywhere in utah from what I understand. But everywhere else its fine. There are particular areas that dogs aren't allowed period but you would see signs or somthing.

According to orem cop.