Firearm poll part 1

What brand or brands of rifles have you actually purchased in the last year?

• Marlin

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Mossberg

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Savage

• Remington

• Ruger

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Winchester

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Browning

• Henry

• Bushmaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DPMS

• Total voters

UTAHCRUISER

Supporting Vendor!
As a few of the you may know, I work at a pawn shop in Tooele. Up to now, we have only sold used firearms as they come through the shop. As you can imagine, this provides a pretty limited variety of brands and calibers, and makes for a pretty boring selection of inventory to try to sell. I have finally managed to talk the owner of the business into letting me get wholesale accounts set up with a number of different companies so we can start stocking new firearms.

Anybody who's familiar with the industry knows that there is a pretty limited markup on new firearms, and the initial investment required to put together a reasonable inventory is pretty high. I've been struggling to come up with a list of stuff to order. I don't want to drop quite a few thousand dollars on inventory that will just sit on my shelves and collect dust and have very slow turnover. So, I was hoping to pick the brains of some local folks and see what brands and calibers are actually popular and in demand.

In order to get useful info out of this poll, I am going to break it into 4 parts.
Part 1: Rifle brands
Part 2: Rifle calibers
Part 3: Handgun brands
Part 4: Handgun calibers

In this first poll, I'd like to find out what brands of rifles you have actually purchased in the last year. The poll feature limits me to only 10 items, so I have listed what to me seems to be the 10 most popular rifle brands. If you could provide model info too, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Anyone that votes can only select one option, so I don't think you're going to get the results you're looking for... Not sure if there is a way to make multiple selections possible...

UTAHCRUISER

Supporting Vendor!
Hmm. You have a good point there. Well I guess if nothing else, it should give me at least a little direction as to what people are actually buying. I figured that doing this with a poll would get me the best results, since people are generally not going to want to just provide lists on a public forum of all the guns they have bought in the last year! Doing so could get them in deep trouble with their spouses or make them a target for people with ill intentions.

UTAHCRUISER

Supporting Vendor!
There is. :D

I think maybe "what rifles have you purchased OR CONSIDERED PURCHASING" might be better market research. ?

I thought about phrasing it that way, but hell, I've considered buying about 500 different firearms in the last year, but I've only actually bought a few...

DAA

I don't buy factory rifles except to use as organ donors, which are usually Remingtons but I'll build on a Savage once in awhile too if I have one laying around. So I voted Rem. The majority of new factory rifles my friends have bought the last few years though are Remington, Savage or CZ in that order. With a generous sprinkling of Tikka and Howa plus a few TC's. Most of those makes aren't on the list though.

- DAA

UTAHCRUISER

Supporting Vendor!
I'll most likely buy a Mossberg this year.. Shotgun though.

I have a Mossberg model 500 Tactical and I love it. Many of my customers seem to turn their noses up at Mossberg shotguns, but I guess they don't realize that the model 500 in one form or another has been used for a couple decades now by several branches of the US Military, along with many Law Enforcement agencies across the country. I put a Knoxx recoil reducing collapsible stock on it recently. It makes shooting buckshot and slugs almost painless.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I have a Mossberg model 500 Tactical and I love it. Many of my customers seem to turn their noses up at Mossberg shotguns, but I guess they don't realize that the model 500 in one form or another has been used for a couple decades now by several branches of the US Military, along with many Law Enforcement agencies across the country. I put a Knoxx recoil reducing collapsible stock on it recently. It makes shooting buckshot and slugs almost painless.

The 500 is excellent, and available in a coated marine version as well. :D

1995zj

I'm addicted

I love my Mossberg. I picked up a 590A a while back and haven't had any issues what-so-ever with it. Fun gun to shoot and nice that I can hold 19 shells on the gun....9 of them being in the magazine/chamber.