First black gun???

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've shot Colts, rock rivers, dpms, bushmasters, stags, and smith and wessons. I really like the RR triggers. I currently have a RR coyote. It's a semi long barrel and is on the heavy side but not too heavy to pack all day shooting bunnies. As has been stated, you can't go wrong with a RR or a colt. The thing I haven't seen mentioned is you can get a heavier longer upper and also a short light upper and just switch back and forth it's fast and uppers can be had for around $500. Then you have the best of both worlds. My dad was switching a RR .204 long to a .223 short upper for a couple years. They always worked great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyojin

I would highly recommend a Rock River. I shoot a lot of 3 gun competitions and see some high end rifles. I've handled many of them and for the money the Rock River is hard to beat.

Caleb

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone. For fear of getting stuck on a year waiting list, I picked up my first AR this morning. I ended up getting a Rock River Tactical Operator 2. A little more lower end than I thought I would go with, but I think it'll be a great gun to add to my collection.

Caleb

Alright, one cell phone pic :D

image.jpg

Here's a pic from RRA site as well :)

purtacop2.gif

Last edited:

Caleb

Where did you pick it up?

Scheels, however they are gone. I was there this weekend and they had a huge selection. I went in again (Christmas shopping for the wife) last night and they were disappearing right in front of me. I saw probably 5-6 sell in the 15 minutes I was in the gun section. I went home and told my wife I was going to move up my AR purchase (I was planning on January-March timeframe). Got the boss' approval and was there when they opened the doors this morning, I got the last Rock River and they had only a few DPMS left and one Black Rain. The sales guy said there were three guys he talked to on the phone last night that were going to be coming in for that last RRA, I beat them all. :p I thought about picking up one of the DPMS Recons as well because I knew I'd be able to sell it and make a few bucks in a few weeks, but decided that wasn't the right thing to do, so I left it for some other sucker trying to get a new gun. :)