First one

DAA

My nephew asked me recently if I'd take him out calling, I was only too happy to. He's tried it a couple times before, but never called one it. So I took him out yesterday.

His first coyote.

IMG_1551W.JPG

And, his second.

IMG_1553W.JPG

And, his third.

IMG_1554W.JPG

And so on and so forth :grin:.

IMG_1556W.JPG

Good times!

He used my .17P on all of 'em.

- DAA

Silly Willy

this is something i have been wanting to do.

what rules/laws are there for this?

where do you suggest a first timer could go, and any suggestions on what all to bring?

muleskinner

where do you suggest a first timer could go, and any suggestions on what all to bring?

I'd bring some Coyotes if I were you. I think Dave has killed most of them in the state.

Nice job, Dave:D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I've hit two with my work truck, does that count? I saw a monster-huge one just east of Wells last week. Looked like he just stepped out of the clothes dryer.

DAA

Nice job, Dave:D

Thanks! It's been a long time since I broke in a total noob. I'm pretty sure I had more fun and a bigger smile than my nephew did :D.

its crazy how many dogs you get you make it seem easy!

Just get lucky once in awhile is all. Sure is fun when things come together just right though!

I've hit two with my work truck, does that count?

If you go back and scalp them and clip the jaws it counts :). Seriously, I haven't seen a road killed coyote yet this year that hadn't already been scalped. Amazing to me what people will do for $50 :D.

There is no season or bag limit. General firearm and tresspassing laws all apply, of course.

...any suggestions on what all to bring?

A gun (I use a rifle) and a call is all you really need. Some camo can't hurt, I usually wear it, even though I think it is highly over rated in importance. A knife if you plan on skinning them. That's about it! Additional, optional equipment that I use are shooting sticks and a butt pad or stool to sit on.

- DAA