Five mile pass sat after thanksgiving

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Hey guy me and some buds are heading out to five mile pass sat morning (nov 25) to battle the snakes and then may head down to little moab in the afternoon (that is if all rigs are still alive) Personally i have never been out there so i am highly looking forward to. We were going to head for moab but well were a bunch of broke rednecks so yea anyhow we wanted to meet up at the chevron off redwood road in lehi around 9am. Hope ya'll will come join the thrashing!

PSD_FTW

I'm tempted to try it out... Little-Moab if nothing else.... But I am still on 32" and effectively open Diffs. The Longer wheel-base does seem to give me a pretty big advantage but big-twisting can still mean trouble. Of course no one thought I should go up Forest Lake either but I think theres a big difference between snakes and forest lake. Little Moab seems possible if nothing else. You think?

dabears

May be next year
I'm tempted to try it out... Little-Moab if nothing else.... But I am still on 32" and effectively open Diffs. The Longer wheel-base does seem to give me a pretty big advantage but big-twisting can still mean trouble. Of course no one thought I should go up Forest Lake either but I think theres a big difference between snakes and forest lake. Little Moab seems possible if nothing else. You think?

i think the only problem u might have w/ rattle snake is ur wheel base. i'm runnin' 32" w/ open front & limited in the rear.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
beauty (basically stock, and open carriers) did rattlesnake just fine ... you'll need to bump her a bit in a few places. Constrictor is a different story

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Hey Hey Hey there Kris K be nice!!!! They call me the strange cowboy because i have bleached hair and peircings but ride rodeo so yea play nice lol Anyhow sounds like there might be a few people headed out there sat so it should be fun PSD_FTW come on out hell its all for fun we can winch that ford up if needed lol JK

thenag

I am trying to think of the longest truck i have seen on Rattlesnake. I know i have seen plenty of full size Broncos, Blazers, and Chargers. I did see one basically stock fullsize dodge. maybe an extra cab. he did fine, had some issues with one spot just because he couldn't get lined up on it because of his width and length.

on Rattlesnake you should be fine, It is unlikely but may get some body damage, just because of the like 200 in wheel base.

I should be there, so i can drag you over anything.

nathan
-87 bronco with the goods from a 96f350

PSD_FTW

If I can track down my Water-Leak I'll be out. At the moment I'm losing a bit of water in the pump vicinity but it may be the waterneck.

myota

my toyota
I'm not sure if I'll run constrictor or not...The only thing i really need on my rig is sliders, but i'm making those Friday.
I'm willing to let someone convince me to try it!!!

sojournr

Are you still planning a Rattlesnake run on Sat? My brother is going to be in town and I would like him to experience the snakes...

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Sounds like we will have a good group going, I will be there with just look for a black cj7 on swampers trailered. We are still meeting at Chevron on redwood around nine to ten, We have a couple guys leaving hill AFB between 8 and 9 so going to wait on them since they have no idea where they are going. As for doing constrictor i want to do but not sue how many other rigs are going to be trail worthy enough to do it, rattlesnake for sure and if we really get bored later on we might run to little boab it aint to far, anybody who wants to meet up can call me if they get lost at 801-879-9115 or hit me up on the cb once out there on channel 26
thanks and hope to see ya there
dean

jdub

Scrambler
I'm new to the area, i've ran the trails for a few afternoons. If I show up late and want to find you where is the best place to look? I know where constrictor is but have seen some narly stuff deemed the rattlesnake trail. Better yet, my real question is, Where is the crazy stuff on the rattlesnake trail? Is it close to the constrictor trailhead? My experience on the rattlesnake is that I coulda taken a station wagon on it with few problems.

Little boab sounds fun.
jay

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I'm new to the area, i've ran the trails for a few afternoons. If I show up late and want to find you where is the best place to look? I know where constrictor is but have seen some narly stuff deemed the rattlesnake trail. Better yet, my real question is, Where is the crazy stuff on the rattlesnake trail? Is it close to the constrictor trailhead? My experience on the rattlesnake is that I coulda taken a station wagon on it with few problems.

Little boab sounds fun.
jay

Tell us more about this crazy/narly stuff.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I will be out there sat for one last run before the Jeep goes into hibernation for the winter. What time is everyone meeting at the parking lot?

toomeymd

SUZUKI ROCKER
Rattlesnake is as tough as you make it, lots of big fun boulders to play on around the trail, a few mildly technical sections. If you have a rear locker most of it can be done in 2wd, well if you wheel a samurai you can :D