Jeep Fluids for tera 4 to 1 t-case???

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
so i picked up a transfer case with tera 4 to 1 in it and im not sure what to use in it, i was told to use SAE 30 but i know jeeps use ATF. any input would be great

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
They just use dex III ATF.:) Run synthetic if you like, as it may help keep things quiet and smooth, but you don't need to.

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
so on the end of the trans there is a small hole on the bottom, looks factory, that is still leaking with the new tcase installed anyone know what im talking about?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
so on the end of the trans there is a small hole on the bottom, looks factory, that is still leaking with the new tcase installed anyone know what im talking about?

It is a factory hole, but it means that either the t-case input seal, or the trans output seal leaks. It could also mean that the t-case input shaft isn't the correct length. Did you compare the input shaft on the new case to the one on your stock case?

eatrocks

We told you SAE 30 becuse thats what it should be Jeep uses ATF becuse they dont care how long the case last only what the fleet MPG is.

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
It is a factory hole, but it means that either the t-case input seal, or the trans output seal leaks. It could also mean that the t-case input shaft isn't the correct length. Did you compare the input shaft on the new case to the one on your stock case?

i realized it was just excess fluid from pulling the tcase out, all is well now :D