For Sale - Best Offer For Sale: 1987 and 1988 Toyota 4Runner

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
I am selling my SAS 1987 Toyota 4Runner as well as a 1988 Toyota 4Runner SR5.

I have owned the '87 since 2010 when I purchased it from another RME member.

The '87 has been flopped and is a prime canidate for a body swap and that is where the '88 comes in. It was purchased in Boise, ID and is virtually rust free. It is a bone stock SR5 V6 automatic transmission. The T-case, transmission and 3.0 have been removed. It is equipped with a full SR5 interior complete with A/C, power locks, windows and a manual sunroof. All of the glass is intact although the sunroof is cracked and the windshield will need to be replaced. For a super clean build the '88 would require some body work to the passenger A-pillar and the passenger rear fender, however the paint is in good shape and cleans up nicely with some wax.

'87 Specs:

250k miles
22RE
V6 radiator rebuilt by Jake's in Bountiful
W56 transmission
4.7 transfer case with TG twin sticks
Front E-locker
Rear E-locker
Extended, balanced, long slip front shaft from SixStates
5.29 gears front and rear with new bearings and solid pinion spacers (BUILT BY CARL!)
TG IFS eliminator 3" kit with heavy duty leafs
OME rear springs with a lift block to match the front height
Bilstein 5100's
Rebuilt front axle with 1.5" spacers
IFS width rear axle
Square tube sliders
TG front winch bumper
Rear square tube bumper with reciever
Engine has been chained down on the driver side to prevent loading the drivetrain mounts when bound up in the rocks.
35x12.50 Pro-Comp Extreme mud terrains. 80% tread remaining with several chunks missing from lugs but no leaks, patches or plugs.
1" body lift, this is a love/hate item, but I love it and all 3 of my Toyota's have had one installed with no issues.
Manual windows, wing windows work
Rear window rolls down
Leak free fiberglass top
Custom cut hard bikini top, made from a factory fiberglass top.
Clean title
Killer tape deck

This 4Runner has been a blast for me and my family but plans have changed.
Originally the plan was to remove the damaged body, paint the frame, and install the '88 body and keep on truckin' but life gets in the way. The engine bay has started to be disassembled in preparation for the swap but everything is there and easily reassembled.

The interior is in good shape and between both 4Runner's you will have a very clean place to wheel in. All gauges work as well as the inclinometer. The A/C blew cold but will need to be recharged since the lines have been disconnected. The clutch is solid and does not slip even when crawling. The brakes are healthy and the transmission shifts smooth. In fact after the flop at 5mp, we cleaned out the broken windshield and wheeled all weekend long in Moab. There is no damage to the drivetrain or frame, the body is all that was damaged.

Both trucks have SR5 seats and matching gray carpet.

The 22RE is a solid running engine and will lug all day. It is very strong and appears to have an aftermarket cam, although that has not been verified, I have not wheeled or driven a stronger 22RE. It pulls hard (for a 4cyl) on the freeway and it will do 80mph. It had a fresh tune-up prior to being flopped and should not need more than an oil change when you are ready to wheel.

SOLD!

The '87

The '88

Last edited:

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
RME has been an incredible source of very reasonably priced parts and spares for my builds.

As such, I would love to give someone a GREAT (like, really good) deal on these 4Runners.

Shoot me a text or PM on what they are worth to you!

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Happy 24th!

I would love some constructive feedback on my pricing, KSL and P4x4 netted me a ton of irritating phone calls and texts with low ball offers, nothing serious.

I feel like this would have sold quickly a few years ago but maybe that is because I was heavy into rockcrawling and building Toyotas.

Is the price too high? Too much of a project?

Thanks!