? for Tera Low owners and/or users

Barney

I am going to install a 4:1 Tera Low on my '93 Cherokee, NP231 TC, next Thursday (14th). I will then be going to Moab exactly two weeks later, on the 28th. My question is, do these need a "break in" period before serious off-road use? I do not do the extreme trails (yet), but if so, is it wise to take it out so soon after installation?

Thanks

Barney said:
I am going to install a 4:1 Tera Low on my '93 Cherokee, NP231 TC, next Thursday (14th). I will then be going to Moab exactly two weeks later, on the 28th. My question is, do these need a "break in" period before serious off-road use? I do not do the extreme trails (yet), but if so, is it wise to take it out so soon after installation?

Thanks

You'll be fine. They don't need a break in, they don't opperate at high enough temperatures and don't have the same "mesh" that diff gears have so you don't have to worry about breaking them in. Just take it easy for the first few miles to make sure everything's working properly.

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
I would if your driving it there and then wheeling on it to get with someone who lives there and maybe check or replace the fluid. I know when I did mine after about 500 miles or so I started showing some "silvering" in the fluid, that was about 3 yrs ago and havnt seen it since.

Barney

Badcop said:
I would if your driving it there and then wheeling on it to get with someone who lives there and maybe check or replace the fluid. I know when I did mine after about 500 miles or so I started showing some "silvering" in the fluid, that was about 3 yrs ago and havnt seen it since.
I actually trailer it down, so I'll replace the fluid post-Moab. Thanks for the responses, I feel better now.