For you Toyota experts

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My friend installed a 3" Fabtech lift (the one that replaces the spring seat) on his 1995 Toyota Tacoma, since this time he has had problems with his inner CV boots ripping. I imagine that since his CV shaft is at a greater angle it is causing the boot to rub more and causing it to tear. I am wondering if there are any super heavy duty after market boots that would work and where to get them. I am a Jeep guy so don't know to much about Toy's, any help would be great. Thanks

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Unfortunately, you'll find that most Toyota guys around here have steered clear of IFS lifts and gone to a solid axle, so you may not find much help/experience with your buddies problem. :(

Good luck! :)

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Are you sure it didn't happen when they were lifting the truck? cause I ended up ripping my boot when I did the lift cause I let the whole assembly kinof hang from the cv only. Not good on the well anything. But i dont have problems ripping the boot anymore, just that once.

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
He noticed the first rip right after he lifted it so that one might have happened when he lifted it but then it ripped again a month and a half later.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
sometimes the aftermarket kits actually do what they are built to do and the stock boots rip under decent articulation. whats his down travel like? Has he taken it wheeling before it ripped?

redtoy92

You should get a one inch diff drop to help with the angle of the lift. IT will stop the boots from tearing and help with ride and wear and tear. Revteck makes them for about 20 bucks easy to install. redtoy92