Forest Lake 8/9

chans

We headed up to Forest Lake now that it is open and was going to also go over to MEG but ran out of time. It was easier than last year on the first hill right past the river. I think they took the boulders that were there last year to make the road block and then put them somewhere esle. But after that the trail was quite a bit more eroded from last year. I figured I would post some pics of the lake since it was the fullest I have ever seen it.

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

There was probably over 100 salamanders we saw just by walking 200 feet along the lake. They were jumping for bugs and it looked like a ton of fish. You can see the black shadows of the salamanders and a few rings from them jumping in the two previous pics. There were some bigger black things that looked like a lizard and something like a beta fish but twice the size that I didn't know what they were in the lake.

IMAG0066.jpg

Here is a bunch of ATV tracks through the lake but didn't see anyone while I was there.

IMAG0067.jpg

This deer was about 10 feet from the vehicles and just sat there but then it looked like it was going to jump in the back of my truck but didn't get the phone out in time.

IMAG0063.jpg

Here is the only pic of the trail we got which was probably the hardest part of the trail except for maybe just past the two boulders at the beginning.

2011-08-0995135925.jpg

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I think where those ATV tracks are at is where you can normally drive along the edge to the other side when the water level is lower, so it's actually a trail if it is where I think it is.

chans

Yes, there is the entrance to the 157 trail just past it. The lake was soo high that it blocked the road. We turned around but not sure if it is ok to drive through to get to the trail on a ATV or motorbike or if it is even officially open.

Last edited: