Forest Lake (AF Canyon) Night Run

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
We had a good trail run this weekend up American Fork Canyon. We made our way up to Forest Lake. A few people slept the night up there while all of us stayed for a little while around the camp fire.

I don't recall the total head count so I am sure someone will chime in. As far as I am aware, there wasn't any damage done. Ironically, I think the most help that people needed (unstuck, guided, etc.) was at the base of the trail, on the way back down. ha All the rigs ran great. A couple of the guys even had street tires and just had to bump them over things.

It was great to meet all of you. Thanks for the fire and the great conversations (around the fire and on the CB). I am looking forward to when we ride that trail again!

Attachments

• CIMG8806-edit.JPG
    CIMG8806-edit.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 88
  • CIMG8809-edit.JPG
    CIMG8809-edit.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 73
  • CIMG8796-edit.JPG
    CIMG8796-edit.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

DewYota

I had a lot of fun! done the trail many times but that was one of the best for sure, i did it mostly with ease but coming down i was messing around on some of the bigger boulders and got some damage, i broke a zurk of my slip yoke on my gas tank skid plate. kinda sucks but it could of been worse.

Still bummed about the hot chocolate thing... maybe next time :)

Attachments

• zurk.jpg
    zurk.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 41

Lka1988

poor college student
I had a lot of fun. Dented my passenger rocker a bit more, but I guess that's what I get for wheeling without sliders :lol:

It was good to meet all of you, sorry I don't have any pics...

Last edited:

fjcrew-sir

I think next time I'm gonna have to run my new FJ through the trail. Shoulda, coulda, and woulda if I had the lift I wanted. I think Steve is right. I should buy some pucks for now until I can afford the coils and A-arms that I really want. Thanks for letting me come allong for the ride Steve!

*also, Steve I think everyone was very jealous of your slider lights/underglow! I know I am.

Last edited:

Coco

Ya GotRocks and I left the gas station before you guys headed out, (Ran mineral basin because I have never done it) then met up with you guys at the top (I was the one with the dog)

Overall fun trip! Glad I whent and broke in my new km2s, and cracked one of my new center caps on my new wheels (doesnt appear i scratched them haha)

I was in the dark green TJ running 35 km2s.

Thanks for putting it on! We would have stayed up there longer but GR lost his phone, and we ran back up mineral to find it.

BLH

Man sounds like I need to do This trail again. Last time I did it did even have to use 4wheeldrive.

jester

I wish I could have made it but I still have some broken exhaust to deal with. Look slike you guys had an awesome time

lostsamurai

FnZuKiN24/7
I miss forest lake trail and mineral basin maybe ill try and get a group of guys from southern utah and make a trip up in the spring 99% of us have comp rigs trailer only but sometimes its not the challenge but the scenery and good friends that make a good trip

sixstringsteve

Neither trail will be a challenge, but it is beautiful. Let me know when you go, I'd love to join you lost samurai. I remember seeing you up there a few years ago.

sixstringsteve

you could probably take that full-size up there. That's a sweet looking truck chevy crew. It wouldn't be a challenge for anything with a minimal lift, but it sure it beautiful. Let me know for sure when you guys are out in this area. I live about 10 min from the canyon and I love heading up there.

Chevycrew

I guess I should clarify, I have a built fullwidth V8 85 4runner that I crawl width, the crew is my pavement pounding towrig.

lostsamurai

FnZuKiN24/7
Neither trail will be a challenge, but it is beautiful. Let me know when you go, I'd love to join you lost samurai. I remember seeing you up there a few years ago.
i use to live at the mouth of af canyon i went up all the time and out to 5 mile quite often as well but now days i do wild west, samurai basher, west rim trail, and dam road much diff terrain i used to be at 88 inch wheel base now im at 100" and needing maybe 2 more