Northern Utah Forest Lake July 19th

rockwell

This will be my first time up there this season. So far its me in my F-150, my buddy in his leveled stock '06 F-150, and possibly a couple JK's. I don't know how far up mineral basin we can get after (we had to turn back at the first big rock because of the newer F-150) but we may try that after Forest lake. Tentatively shooting for 9 am at the ridleys just down from the canyon entrance. Any takers? I know it's early, but me and some buddies are towing our motorcycles down for an afternoon ride up the main road after the offroading.

skmohanty

I would be interested. I have never done the trail and have really been wanting to. I have a 2011 nissan xterra modified with a small lift after marker bumpers , winch etc. I don't know if I my truck can make the whole trail but I will go as far as I can. I may bring my wife as well.

NChap

I've been itching for a reason to take a saturday off. I may go as well. I went up a few weeks ago out of boredom and it was easier than I remember. I don't see any reason the F-150's and Xterra couldn't make it at least up to the Lake. The first hundred yards or so are the worst of it.

rockwell

I have never been up there, but always wanted to go. If I may, count me in?

Glad you can come! You're more than welcome to join.

I will try to make it up but can't garuntee anything. Are you taking the kids? I'll be bringing my daughter if I come

Unfortunately, my stepson will be in California with his dad, so it will be just me and the wife. Hope you can make it! It was fun wheelin with you last time.

I would be interested. I have never done the trail and have really been wanting to. I have a 2011 nissan xterra modified with a small lift after marker bumpers , winch etc. I don't know if I my truck can make the whole trail but I will go as far as I can. I may bring my wife as well.

Yes, your Xterra could make it no problem. Even without a rear locker. Glad you can join us!

Misfit02

Gonna try real hard to make it, "May" have to go out of town for work...just found out but should be back by Friday the 18th....

rockwell

where exactly is the Ridleys? I see 1 in orem and 1 in midway

It's right on the highway to Timpanogos cave. The address is 5353 W 11000 N. You can't miss it. There's a subway in the same parking lot. Plan on bringing a lunch. We can eat up there and enjoy the great views!

n1v3kt

[professor farnsworth voice] good news everyone! [/professor farnsworth voice] I have work off tomorrow if you don't mind a newbie tagging along. I've never been up there before and would love to check it out. I've got a pair of FRS walkies.