Forest Lake last minute trip

jdub

Scrambler
Our Mountain Bike trip flopped so we made a last minute trip up to Forest Lake/Mud Lake as one guy called it.

The trail was a blast and the beginning was rowdy as usual. With 35's and a tall bumper I was still pushing water like a boat through the stream crossing. Wet tires makes for some tricky tire placement and some scratched rims.

All-in-all it was perfect there, even for a Saturday we saw only a total of 8 rigs on the trail, although half of them were ridiculously drunk and doing serious damage to their rigs. We just stopped and allowed them to pass.

Temp was perfect and I am exited to do a Mineral Basin morning run. Both rigs worked flawlessly, My brothers vaporlocked on the way into the canyon but we cooled it down and there was no issues there. My fan shroud mod made my motor(black Jeep) run at a cool 180* vs 210 that it would get even in the cool mountains.

Here are some cell pics so you can see what it is like up there, maybe get exited to get out and wheel.:)

Attachments

• 0626002007.jpg
    0626002007.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 0626002007a.jpg
    0626002007a.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 0626002112.jpg
    0626002112.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

jdub

Scrambler
No snow in the trail area, You can see patches up there but not even any in Mineral basin. A couple of good waterfalls though!