Forest Lake/Mineral Basin 5/21

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
So I hit up AF canyon today for a quick trip to see what the trails looked like.

Hit up Forest Lake first. The river crossing was about 12" deep at the deepest part. The rock garden was bone dry. About half way up it started to get wet and a little muddy but nothing too serious until I got about 3/4 the way up. I ended turning around when I ran into this.

IMAG0755.jpg

I could tell that some people had already driven through this but I didn't want to be that guy.

Then I hit up Mineral Basin. The trail was mostly wet in the rocks but anything that could have been mud was completely dry up until right after the Iron Bog where the trail was blocked by snow. Some people had obviously decided they really needed to get all the way up and drove through it anyway.

This was new to me at the river crossing.
IMAG0761.jpg

Right after the Iron Bog.
IMAG0760.jpg

It was a fun quick trip with hardly any people up there. I talked to a guy who said last week there was a guy who blew up his dirt bike motor up at Forest Lake, someone in a little Ford Ranger tried to get up to him to get the bike back but got high centered in the river.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I totally should have gone with you. I had plans to run the snakes with a co-worker at 1:00, but he texted me at noon and cancelled. Having no one else to accompany me, I didn't go.

People keep cancelling on me. I am 0 for 2 so far this year. :(. If I don't get some 4wd time soon, I may go crazy!

I totally should have gone with you. I had plans to run the snakes with a co-worker at 1:00, but he texted me at noon and cancelled. Having no one else to accompany me, I didn't go.

People keep cancelling on me. I am 0 for 2 so far this year. :(. If I don't get some 4wd time soon, I may go crazy!
We still need to get together and run sone trails ! If im not at the Shop im free and even if i am free ha ha

Smittyauto

I ran MEG and Forest lake yesterday, both were a blast!! We made it most of the way through MEG, but had some snow still up there, plus it was snowing pretty good on us. Then we hit Forest Lake and it was good and greasy, but we made it all the way to the lake. That last mud hole towards the top is easier than it looks, but I recommend at least 33's