Forward Air?

chadbuckner

Oh what a feeling..Toyota
How do I get something from forward air? Bud from Budbuilt is sending something to my friend through the SLC forward air terminal but neither of us know how to get it. please explain how forward air works. thanks

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
You pick up the parts at the Forward Air location... they will call you when they arrive, as the shipper provided them w/ your phone number. The one for SLC is in WVC.

Does that help?

SnwMnkys

1 of 2 things will happen when you go to Forward Air. There will be whole bunch of hott chics smoking outside of the building across the street, or it will smell like weed when you enter the building to pick up your stuff.

I notice both everytime i go there. :D

Its kind of dificult to find at first, ill see if i can find a map to pull up.

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
Greg has it exactly right. You have to go to the SLC terminal for Forward Air after they call you to pick up whatever you're getting. They will most likely use their forklift to load it into your truck or trailer & then you're on your own with it.

R

rockdog

So is forward air a freight line, like yellow trucking ? I've shipped stuff thru them. Just curious. Any advantage to sending stuff forward air ?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
rockdog said:
So is forward air a freight line, like yellow trucking ? I've shipped stuff thru them. Just curious. Any advantage to sending stuff forward air ?

Yep...

Advantage... hella cheap.

I'm shipping a set of TJ axles to NYC for $180.

I shipped a complete TBI 350 to Texas for $75.

And I shipped a Dana 300, SM465 & Adapter to Calif for $60.

bennett

they dont take Credit cards.. they don't take checks...they don't take cash

cashiers check only....from bank around the corner after they weigh you.

be very prepared... their employees are paid from the eyebrows down...
BIG SIGN.... Employee theft will not be tolerated!

When you go in and no one looks at you or helps you , don't get discouoraged.... hang in there@!

When I was there they were racing forklifts around and ignored me until I had had enough and gave one guy a "full blast" ...
I remember one Forklift guy moving some large heavy piece of equipment that said DO NOT TRUCK FROM THIS SIDE... yeah.. mmmm guess where he was trucking it from?..that side.
Idiots and cheap... I'd use them again.

Rick B

S.E. Utah Native
Very cheap, I shipped a complete 8.8 rear end from a FS Bronco from Denver to NYC for $65. But they only have terminals that the public can access near major airports & they only accept cashiers checks or money orders from the general public. You have to package whatever you're shipping yourself & your reciepient has to go to the nearest facility to pick up their stuff.

Caleb

rockdog said:

Also, dont let the name fool ya...their stuff is shipped ground just like any other carrier:D

Clutch

Forward Air is an Air freight forwarding company. They started as an Air freight carrier for the air lines as their first carrier and developed from there.
Some how, thery got connected with Ebay and now they are a household name. PROTECT your suff though, they are know for damage.

The number there is 972-6316, (i think) Forwardair.com

Klif01

Do I bother you?
They were way cheap for me, I shipped 5 33" tires through them to new mexico and it cost me like 45 I think..they just set the tires on a pallet handed me this big shrinkwrap roll and said have at it. I must have gone around the tires 50 times before he said it was good. It took me a bit to find it as well, but once you know where it is, its [pretty easy,