Found my engine studder problem ~ pics

plaidfro

I finally got around to pulling my plugs to start checking my ignition system for why when the engine is under an accleration load it would start to chug/hesitate a little.

"One of these plugs is not like the other" can you spot which one is the problem?:

IMG_4117.jpg

Here's the problem child. Second plug on the left, which is the second from the back of the straight 6.

IMG_4120.jpg

I dunno what that crap is in there bridging the gap, but with some new plugs, wires, cap, and a rotor the 4.0L is running fantastic!!!

plaidfro

I thought a couple looked a bit lean... I may need to replace the O2 sensor soon but no code from the CEL light showing its shot yet.

I picked up the Jeep in February... changed the plugs in May. I just hadn't found the time to get the ignition stuff and replace parts.

I will get some Injection cleaner as it's always a good idea to keep it clean in there.

The 4.0L is just running great right now. I just have to find some peeps to help swap in my Daystar Bodymount replacements and my Brown Dog MML 1". Maybe in the next couple weeks I can get a Saturday to do it.