Four Link vs Custom Alcan Leaf Springs

Thanks for all the replies. My truck is mechanically sound with literally no rust so it's not a gem or I would look for another already built truck. I forgot about rear leafs with a traction bar and maybe three link front. I really don't want it to be jacked up sky high either. Partly because of less possible use and center of gravity. I'd be okay with "trimming" the fenders as much as 2 1/2 inches. Then going lower on lift is fine with me. Hoping by next month. The shop can start on the full cage and rock sliders so we can jump on the suspension. The place is in Las Cruces, NM and they have built vehicles for offloading a lot. Including the Chili Challenge and they've always done good work on my truck in the past. So I trust them and there know how.

Just an update. The shop is getting ready to start the cage. They are finishing a couple big projects right now. I have also made up my mind to four-link the truck. One full-size Dodge 3/4 ton four linked truck is in my future.

Sad update. I called the shop that was doing the work and they are closing down. So with being said. They will fix the truck to be drivable and I can pass safety and emissions but I will need a shop or person here to do the work. I'm located in South Jordan area within an hours drive is fine with me.

TRD

AccuTune OFFROAD - Shocks
Links will outperform the leaf springs and will be substantially more durable. No more broken center pins, loose u-bolts, cracked frame, broken main leafs....

Links are the build it and forget it option. Coilovers also allow for much more off-road performance and handling with dual rate nuts and custom valving.

That's what I was thinking. Plus the articulation, and ride quality are the selling points for me. Anyone a shop hear in the valley they to do the suspension, cage and other work I've mentioned?

1adam12

THE BEAST
Just do a shackle flip on the rear and pull the over load leaf. Get a pair of bolt on 4" Front leafs and go use it. You will be surprised at how it will do. Then you can add to it as needed.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
It might be a good idea to have the shop that does the work build in some adjustability. That way if terrain, driving style, or height change you can adjust the links accordingly.